DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+11
colmillionaire
IrishNameAndAnInjury
ThisMachineKillsFascists
NeverTrustAJunkie
HorribleCrowe
Debonair
JimmyB
Holland
Camus
plugga
Harbortown
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:50 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I am going to try to do about 10 Pushups in a row tonight...Gotta start somewhere huh>?

You're on a role with this postive/healthy stuff today! It's nice to see you being positive!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:52 pm

plugga wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
You know what band I haven't listened to in a long time? Against Me!. I miss them. Time for a marathon.

GOOD IDEA

I'm glad you aprove! I know a lot of people didn't like it, but New Wave was the soundtrack to my summer of 2009.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:53 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
plugga wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
You know what band I haven't listened to in a long time? Against Me!. I miss them. Time for a marathon.

GOOD IDEA

I'm glad you aprove! I know a lot of people didn't like it, but New Wave was the soundtrack to my summer of 2009.

haters gonna hate, i like that album
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Jimmy you better stay this positive man Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:55 pm

plugga wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
plugga wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

GOOD IDEA

Hell yes. Plus Tegan Quin singing on Borne On the FM Waves of the Heart? Magnificent.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:57 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
plugga wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
plugga wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

GOOD IDEA

Hell yes. Plus Tegan Quin singing on Borne On the FM Waves of the Heart? Magnificent.

HOW LONG BEFORE DISTANCE BECOMES A CHOOOOORE
I'M APPROACHING WITH GREAT GREAT TREPIDATION
I HOPE YOU'LL UNDERSTAAAND
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:01 pm

So what is everyone up too tonight?
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Debonair wrote:
I feel like recording some stuff, so hopefully I'll get some alone time at some point to do so! You?
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Debonair wrote:

Started my record collection today. Bought Elsie, Sink or Swim, 1372 Overton Park (Lucero), Gold (Ryan Adams), and pre-order Lucero's new one. Christmas money well spent.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Also, did you notice that your petition post is displayed, front and center on the home page of the forum?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Debonair wrote:

watching tv, having lunch with friends tomorrow, cannot wait!! pig
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:06 pm

plugga wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
plugga wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
plugga wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:

GOOD IDEA

HOW LONG BEFORE DISTANCE BECOMES A CHOOOOORE
I'M APPROACHING WITH GREAT GREAT TREPIDATION
I HOPE YOU'LL UNDERSTAAAND

Against Me is one of the best bands out right now
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:06 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Started my record collection today. Bought Elsie, Sink or Swim, 1372 Overton Park (Lucero), Gold (Ryan Adams), and pre-order Lucero's new one. Christmas money well spent.

Nice! Elsie is so great on vinyl. Sink Or Swim too! I haven't heard that Ryan Adams album yet. Are you a fan of his newest album?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:07 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Debonair wrote:
I feel like recording some stuff, so hopefully I'll get some alone time at some point to do so! You?

That's awesome, I can't wait to start recording stuff again myself. Plan on sharing any of it with us?

I'm probably going to just be hang in with my brother, watching TV and playing video games.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:08 pm

Dealing with being temp laid off from work. at least I do not have any major bills to pay, or anything like that. Also it is only a temp layoff...should be back next week at the latest.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Nice! Elsie is so great on vinyl. Sink Or Swim too! I haven't heard that Ryan Adams album yet. Are you a fan of his newest album?

Ryan Adams is the shit...but you have to be in a certain mood to listen to him.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 29 Empty

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Also, did you notice that your petition post is displayed, front and center on the home page of the forum?

Holy crap idk if that's good or bad lol!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:09 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Dealing with being temp laid off from work. at least I do not have any major bills to pay, or anything like that. Also it is only a temp layoff...should be back next week at the latest.

Stay positive and love your life - nick hexum (311)
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Debonair wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Debonair wrote:

That's awesome, I can't wait to start recording stuff again myself. Plan on sharing any of it with us?

I'm probably going to just be hang in with my brother, watching TV and playing video games.

I would, but I only have a fourtrack and don't have the equiptment to convert it and upload it, unfortunately. I'm looking into buying everything I need, though and then I might throw some stuff on Soundcloud.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:10 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Debonair wrote:

I am jealous, I have records but no record player Sad
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Debonair wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Stay positive and love your life - nick hexum (311)
I am being positive. At least this will let me get back into working out.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:15 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Lucky Now grew on me but for the most part not really. I won't lie, I have a love-hate relationship with his records (yeah I'm calling 'em records now Cool ). I respect him for being able to write anything from Country to Metal and everything in between, but I felt this was one of his records that has 1 or 2 stand-out songs and then 7-8 nothing songs that are all a bit miserable and all sound similar (just my opinion on 29 and Jacksonville City Nights) I was hoping more from his re-entry into the major label music world, but I'm pleased it's all working out for him as I agree with what a lot of the press is saying when they claim that he probably feels a bit disappointed that he hasn't become as successful as he should have given how much hype there was around his earlier work.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:19 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Debonair wrote:

Lucky Now grew on me but for the most part not really. I won't lie, I have a love-hate relationship with his records (yeah I'm calling 'em records now Cool ). I respect him for being able to write anything from Country to Metal and everything in between, but I felt this was one of his records that has 1 or 2 stand-out songs and then 7-8 nothing songs that are all a bit miserable and all sound similar (just my opinion on 29 and Jacksonville City Nights) I was hoping more from his re-entry into the major label music world, but I'm pleased it's all working out for him as I agree with what a lot of the press is saying when they claim that he probably feels a bit disappointed that he hasn't become as successful as he should have given how much hype there was around his earlier work.

I think a lot of people have that type of love-hate relationship with his music. He just has sooo much stuff out there, it's impossible to like it all. At least for me. I didn't like him at first, because the first album I heard of his just wasn't my style music at all, but my brother showed me a ton of his other stuff that he knew I would like. He's super talented!
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:22 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Debonair wrote:

I think a lot of people have that type of love-hate relationship with his music. He just has sooo much stuff out there, it's impossible to like it all. At least for me. I didn't like him at first, because the first album I heard of his just wasn't my style music at all, but my brother showed me a ton of his other stuff that he knew I would like. He's super talented!

My favourites are Rock n Roll, Gold, Heartbreaker, and Orion (Haven't heard every song on this but I love what I do here. Because everytime I hear Electro-Snake, I think to myself, "This is the same crazy bastard that wrote Carolina Rain") Most of my favourite songs by him however are on other albums Razz.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Hey my logo and petition thread got moved to the board section Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 29 Icon_minitime