DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)

Go down 
+4
ThisMachineKillsFascists
J.B.R.
IrishNameAndAnInjury
LuceroDiehard
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Empty
PostSubject: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:33 pm

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2012/01/the-many-influences-of-brian-fallon/

The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  IMG_9062-645x430

“Everybody wants to create something that’s their own and be revered for it, but the problem is, it’s all been done,” says Gaslight Anthem founding member and frontman Brian Fallon. “Unless you’re Radiohead, or Bon Iver.”

We chatted with the 31-year-old, who released Elsie with his side project, The Horrible Crowes, last September, about his most profound influences, from Springsteen to Kerouac.

“At the end of the day, you’re the sum of your influences,” he says. “I’d rather educate people on where I came from, in hopes that there’s a kid at a show. Maybe they’ve never heard of Albert King, and then they buy Born Under a Bad Sign and become the next Stevie Ray Vaughan.”

The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  062809y

Morea at link at top ot post
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:44 pm

TORI AMOS went to my Jr. High School

Here is her yearbook pic when we called her "lEllen"

The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Age13big
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Great article! Thanks for posting this Bobbyw24. I especially liked what Brian had to say on the topic of how movies can influence songwriters. That was really interesting. Music and movies influence my writing (fiction) quite a bit, so that was neat to read.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:20 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Great article! Thanks for posting this Bobbyw24. I especially liked what Brian had to say on the topic of how movies can influence songwriters. That was really interesting. Music and movies influence my writing (fiction) quite a bit, so that was neat to read.

You're welcome. Agreed
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

PostSubject: Re: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:49 pm

great read
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:53 pm

Yep--nice read as we wait for the new CD and Tour
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Great find, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:15 pm

thanks for posting,great read!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:23 am

Me too Ive written songs inspired by various films. Dazed and Confused inspired a couple, even the two Young Guns films got me writing a song about the Pat Garrett/ Billy the Kid story which was different to my usual. Ive never watched Mulholland Drive though so I might check that out.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:33 am

Jerseyrain wrote:

Me too Ive written songs inspired by various films. Dazed and Confused inspired a couple, even the two Young Guns films got me writing a song about the Pat Garrett/ Billy the Kid story which was different to my usual. Ive never watched Mulholland Drive though so I might check that out.

Sounds cool. You should watch Mulholland Drive, it's really good.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:19 am

Very cool, Jerseyrain! It sounds like your music would be awesome based on your movie influences.

I haven't seen Mulholland Drive either, so I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Don Carlo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Don Carlo

PostSubject: Re: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:14 am

“Everybody wants to create something that’s their own and be revered for it, but the problem is, it’s all been done,” says Gaslight Anthem founding member and frontman Brian Fallon. “Unless you’re Radiohead, or Bon Iver.”

That is a great quote, and the great thing about Gaslight I feel is that Brian brings that intangible asset to the band with his lyrics and passion that puts the band in another stratosphere with me.
Back to top Go down
PPQ
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 am

Its all done? Yes, it is. I try to merge "Red at Night" & Billy Braggs (Wilcos) "Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key" - its the same song, but it has - as seen in the booklets - two writers.

See it here: Red at night in the minor key
Back to top Go down
http://politplatschquatsch.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)    The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Many Influences Of Brian Fallon (the American Songwriter)
Page 1 of 1