DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+7
ThisMachineKillsFascists
Debonair
JimmyB
Camus
plugga
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Harbortown
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:51 am

Usually when I'm writing a novel, I will write a chapter at a time and then read it out loud. Hearing my words as opposed to just seeing them on the screen gives me a whole new perspective, and usually shows me what I need to change before I move on. With my poetry, I tend to scribble it all out as fast as I can, then go back a few days later and start fine tuning my thoughts. It's all a very time consuming process, but I love it.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:52 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Candy for breakfast? You're gonna get a tummy-ache, young man!
You're not my mother!

Time to finish up recording Film Noir, talk to you guys later!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:54 am

By John, can't wait to hear it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:55 am

Bye John!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:56 am

Harbortown wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Candy for breakfast? You're gonna get a tummy-ache, young man!
You're not my mother!

Time to finish up recording Film Noir, talk to you guys later!

I DON'T NEED ANY ATTITUDE FROM YOU.

Stoked to hear it!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:58 am

Time for me to go to work. Have a great day, guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:58 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Usually when I'm writing a novel, I will write a chapter at a time and then read it out loud. Hearing my words as opposed to just seeing them on the screen gives me a whole new perspective, and usually shows me what I need to change before I move on. With my poetry, I tend to scribble it all out as fast as I can, then go back a few days later and start fine tuning my thoughts. It's all a very time consuming process, but I love it.

I didn't know you wrote poetry! You're process for writing poetry sounds exactly like mine for writing lyrics. It's like trying to scribble it down as fast as you can before the moment passes and the words dissapear from your head forever.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:59 am

See ya, Shannon!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:02 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:

I didn't know you wrote poetry! You're process for writing poetry sounds exactly like mine for writing lyrics. It's like trying to scribble it down as fast as you can before the moment passes and the words dissapear from your head forever.

Yep, that's exactly how I feel about poetry. If I don't get it out immediately it will be gone forever, and then I feel terrible.

Okay, I guess I really have to go now. Why isn't it Saturday?!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Guess what? After I dropped the kids off at school I went to Barnes and Noble and heard Elsie playing! I was just browsing through the CDs and all of a sudden Last Rites came on. I was so excited! The sales associate didn't seem to share my enthusiasm and probably thought it was weird that I was gushing about what an amazing record this is, but whatever. They were playing Elsie! Very Happy

I didn't think it was possible, but I love B&N even more now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Guess what? After I dropped the kids off at school I went to Barnes and Noble and heard Elsie playing! I was just browsing through the CDs and all of a sudden Last Rites came on. I was so excited! The sales associate didn't seem to share my enthusiasm and probably thought it was weird that I was gushing about what an amazing record this is, but whatever. They were playing Elsie! Very Happy

I didn't think it was possible, but I love B&N even more now. Very Happy

I wish I could get that excited when shopping for books, but I do most of mine online Sad 6 I ordered last week came today, and now, including Christmas books and a few a friend lent me, I have a pile of 15 new books to get through. My studying is never gonna get done
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:05 pm

I have a ton of books to read too. I'm only about 50 pages into 11/22/63, but I'm hooked already. I think I have about a dozen books on my "must read" list right now. I was just shopping for a gift today though, so I didn't add to my collection.

What are you studying, or supposed to be studying? Razz
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:52 pm

It was such a good book! And only page 50? I'm disappointed it hasn't got you hooked more Razz

I'm meant to be studying accounting. I had 2 enormous 600 page textbooks delivered yesterday which I need to learn by June, and this is all while working full time. At the moment I don't see myself getting any work done for a while - these books won't read themselves! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Camus wrote:
It was such a good book! And only page 50? I'm disappointed it hasn't got you hooked more Razz

I'm meant to be studying accounting. I had 2 enormous 600 page textbooks delivered yesterday which I need to learn by June, and this is all while working full time. At the moment I don't see myself getting any work done for a while - these books won't read themselves! Very Happy

Take it from me, I have a mom who's an accountant and my brothers friend just graduated to be an accountant. Make sure you have some form of job experience when you graduate, it was really tough for his friend to find a job when he graduate because of experience. Your also uk though so it might be a little different
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Debonair wrote:
Camus wrote:

Take it from me, I have a mom who's an accountant and my brothers friend just graduated to be an accountant. Make sure you have some form of job experience when you graduate, it was really tough for his friend to find a job when he graduate because of experience. Your also uk though so it might be a little different

I have a job as a trainee accountant at the moment, so I'm learning a bit while working Very Happy I left uni without a degree but because I'd started to work on the accounting exams in my own time, and because of previous office experience, I managed to get this job. Will be at least 3 more years until I'm fully qualified but then I'll get paids loooooooads bounce
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Camus wrote:

I'm hooked, believe me, I just hate having to stop reading (or getting interrupted) when things are getting good, so I usually don't read until I have a big block of time to devote to the book. This weekend I plan to escape to 11/22/63 for quite a while. Very Happy

Ew, textbooks! That does not sound like fun at all, Mike. A least you still have five months to get it done. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Camus wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Camus wrote:

I have a job as a trainee accountant at the moment, so I'm learning a bit while working Very Happy I left uni without a degree but because I'd started to work on the accounting exams in my own time, and because of previous office experience, I managed to get this job. Will be at least 3 more years until I'm fully qualified but then I'll get paids loooooooads bounce

It will all be worth it! $$$$$! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm hooked, believe me, I just hate having to stop reading (or getting interrupted) when things are getting good, so I usually don't read until I have a big block of time to devote to the book. This weekend I plan to escape to 11/22/63 for quite a while. Very Happy

Ew, textbooks! That does not sound like fun at all, Mike. A least you still have five months to get it done. Good luck!

I tend to read whenever I can, and then everything else in my life gets put on hold and I basically disappear into a different world. I find it so easy to get lost in words
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Camus wrote:
Debonair wrote:
Camus wrote:

Yeah man that sounds like the excellent right path, good job Smile
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Camus wrote:

I tend to read whenever I can, and then everything else in my life gets put on hold and I basically disappear into a different world. I find it so easy to get lost in words

I get lost in words too, whether I wrote them or someone else did, and that's a problem for me. I can't read while I'm at work because then I wouldn't be watching the kids and they would get away with murder. While they're at school I read sometimes, but I have to keep watching the clock so I can't fully dive into the book. I make things way more complicated than they need to be. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:44 pm

The guy at the bakery today offered me a cookie and hot chocolate. AWKWARD
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:46 pm

plugga wrote:

How could you possibly turn down a cookie and a hot chocolate?!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:51 pm

Camus wrote:
plugga wrote:

How could you possibly turn down a cookie and a hot chocolate?!

Shocked .......girls are lucky, free cookies and hot chocolate!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:55 pm

i didn't but still.. AWKWARD.
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:13 pm

plugga wrote:
i didn't but still.. AWKWARD.

If guys had that power of free things, we wouldn't care Very Happy

So are you going to avoid that place now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next