DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Punk Radio Cast

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Punk Radio Cast Empty
PostSubject: Punk Radio Cast   Punk Radio Cast Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:46 pm

http://www.flashlightarcade.net/TGA/TGA%20Interview%20No%20Songs.mp3
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Punk Radio Cast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Punk Radio Cast   Punk Radio Cast Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:55 pm

Cheers Very Happy
Sounds a bit awkward in some places, I guess that's just telephone interviews though.

But yeah good interview, very informative. Say I won't recognize!
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

Punk Radio Cast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Punk Radio Cast   Punk Radio Cast Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 6:26 pm

That's funny you say that about Say I won't, I did a big "uuhhhh hhhaaa" after I heard that. Brings a whole new meaning, and makes sense. Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Punk Radio Cast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Punk Radio Cast   Punk Radio Cast Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:20 pm

I think that's kinda like two other sayings of Brian's/his friends: "Can I get a witness?" and "Good lookin' out". The first one was at the end of his PastePunk interview, i think. and i've started saying the second one recently

Though the interviewer was not very good, he asked a few questions that I think we all wondered about (the reverb, Charles Dickens, etc.), and got a few things confirmed maybe, but at least I learned a bit more, and got to hear about Brian's influences. The Slackers and The Specials...that's awesome. I think the fact that people like Brian and Springsteen like at least a few ska bands kinda validates ska as a genre.

But seriously, no new album in '09? I can keep my hopes up I guess. And I'm calling it: sometime in '09, The Bouncing Souls, The Loved Ones, The Gaslight Anthem tour. I'd probably pay $300 to see that.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

Punk Radio Cast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Punk Radio Cast   Punk Radio Cast Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:37 pm

I'm really, really glad he asked about Dickens. It also makes me happy to hear musicians I like talk about bands they that are totally out of their own genre. I think I read/heard that Brian likes Bedouin Soundclash too? Badass.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Punk Radio Cast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Punk Radio Cast   Punk Radio Cast Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:30 pm

Dude, The '59 Sound debuted at #70 on the Billboard charts? Nice! And they reached #21 on the Modern Rock/Alternative charts, and #7 on the Independent Albums chart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Punk Radio Cast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Punk Radio Cast   Punk Radio Cast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Punk Radio Cast
Page 1 of 1