DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

16 Hours & Counting....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Show A Little Faith
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

16 Hours & Counting.... Empty
PostSubject: 16 Hours & Counting....   16 Hours & Counting.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:53 am

...until my first TGA show.

I am just psyched. I haven't been this excited about seeing a new band live in 10 years or more.

It's not just that "there isn't a bad a song" on '59 Sound, it's that every song on '59 Sound is simply mesmerizing. The drums, these guitars...the words, my Lord. I am simply blown away. Preaching to the choir here, no doubt. I got this CD about 10 days ago, after hearing a profile on NPR, and haven't played anything else since. I've been holding out buying the others for tonight...hoping they have them at the show...before going to iTunes, but I'm waiting to be blown away by the other songs I haven't heard yet... 'cause there's nothing like hearing a song that speaks to you for the first time.

"No retreat, no regrets"...

Peace,
-Joseph
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: 16 Hours & Counting....   16 Hours & Counting.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 8:22 am

Joseph, prepare to see a great concert! They are alot of fun live and really good.

I heard the interview on NPR, not my normal source for music references, and was impressed with their review.

I would really recommend that you get the EP Senor and The Queen next because while Sink Or Swim was my favorite album of 2007, it has a different sound than The '59 Sound and Senor and The Queen is a nice bridge between the two.

Welcome to the forum, have fun at the show.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: 16 Hours & Counting....   16 Hours & Counting.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 1:04 pm

dude another texan, welcome
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 16 Hours & Counting....   16 Hours & Counting.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 1:47 pm

a 38 year old fan...just shows how great this band is. There's a 20 year gap between you and me, and we can both relate to this band. That's something special.

And are you a Springsteen fan? 'Cause your username is a line from Thunder Road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 16 Hours & Counting....   16 Hours & Counting.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

16 Hours & Counting....
Page 1 of 1