DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating

Go down 
+5
steady now steady now
StopAndSlideToTheRight
CluckyB
riversedge
LuceroDiehard
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Empty
PostSubject: Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating   Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:15 pm

http://www.spin.com/reviews/horrible-crowes-elsie-side-one-dummy
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
riversedge
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
riversedge

PostSubject: Re: Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating   Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:16 pm

We cant all be favourable! However, it might be biased, but I always think its because they just dont understand the music or commit to listening to it
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating   Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:18 pm

riversedge wrote:
We cant all be favourable! However, it might be biased, but I always think its because they just dont understand the music or commit to listening to it

True
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating   Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Honestly who cares. Its a bloody fantastic album. It doesn't need the approval of a bunch of reviewers who are paid to write a review not really listen to an album for that to be true. If the reviewer didn't like the album and isn't willing to put in the time to get into it its their own loss.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating   Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:37 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Honestly who cares. Its a bloody fantastic album. It doesn't need the approval of a bunch of reviewers who are paid to write a review not really listen to an album for that to be true. If the reviewer didn't like the album and isn't willing to put in the time to get into it its their own loss.

Well said, fine sir.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating   Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:36 pm

CluckyB wrote:

but good reviews attract attention; Elsie isn't an album that grabs one straight away; it's quality takes a while to hit you; so if a reviewer hits that play button just once ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org

PostSubject: Re: Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating   Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Spin usually doesn't have great reviews. I'm pretty tired of getting my issue every month and only finding one or two interesting articles in the whole magazine. Like Steady said, they just hit play once. My subscription's gonna have to go...
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating   Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Kind of surprising actually, considering how much they've always liked Gaslight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating   Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Im kinda surprised by this...Spin usually in the past has been good to bands like Against Me! and TGA so I was expecting a good review
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating   Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Yeah, rolling stone gave it 3.5 stars also. Called it. They give everything 3.5 stars it's incredibly obnoxious
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating   Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:16 pm

That was a review? More like a run-on sentence.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating   Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:16 am

Now I don't get all over upset if I disagree with a review, because I respect the opinion. But like, this review told me nothing....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating   Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huh? Spin gives "Elsie" a 6 out of 10 rating
Page 1 of 1