DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Behold the hurricane chords

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobbo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Behold the hurricane chords Empty
PostSubject: Behold the hurricane chords   Behold the hurricane chords Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:52 pm

since this section is calles audio & tabs i thought i might post some chords to behold the hurricane. Those should be about 95% correct:

Intro and Verse
Bb Gm

Prechorus
Eb F

Chorus
Bb Gm

Bridge
Dm Gm Eb x2
(i heard the moon has... cry out her name)
Gm Eb x2
(and i saw the heaven and the earth ... earth)
F
(cry over you)

enjoy.
Smile

Edit: removed a typo in the lyrics of the bridge
Back to top Go down
thebiglebowski
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Behold the hurricane chords   Behold the hurricane chords Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for you putting this up. I feel like the chords are not going to be enough for most of the Horrible Crowes stuff. Seems like you really need to know what strings to pluck in order to make them sound right.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Behold the hurricane chords   Behold the hurricane chords Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Very true but for an acoustic cover or something they'll do just fine.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Behold the hurricane chords   Behold the hurricane chords Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:25 pm

I've been messing around with the song, someone try this out for the main lead riff and tell me if it sounds right to you. Sounds good to me but I'm not positive on it.

Just play this over and over pretty much. This is assuming you're playing along in standard.

B|---------6------
G|3---3---------3

EDIT: fixed typo
Back to top Go down
Tobbo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Behold the hurricane chords   Behold the hurricane chords Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:48 am

thebiglebowski wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for you putting this up. I feel like the chords are not going to be enough for most of the Horrible Crowes stuff. Seems like you really need to know what strings to pluck in order to make them sound right.

I usually do the plucking and strumming patterns etc. by feel. After reading your comment I played the song and I must admit that I do play the verse and the chorus differently, allthough they got the same chords. Like I said, I do that by feel, so I didn't really pay attention to how I play the chords and I guess you can figure that out if you play along to the song a couple times. Anyway, I'll try to note down the way I play the chords and post it here if you think that could help:

in the Intro and the chorus i do something like that:

G|------7---------7---------7---------7----------3--------3----------3---------3--|
D|------8---------8---------8---------8----------5--------5----------5---------5--|
A|------8---------8---------8---------8----------5--------5----------5---------5--|
E|-6-6----6-6-6----6-6-6----6-6-6-------3-3----3-3-3----3-3-3----3-3-3-----|

In the Verse I stick to the chords, but I play them as powerchords (not to heavy though)

In the prechorus I do this:

B|-8-----------8/10-------|
G|-8-----------8/10-------|
D|-8---8-8-8--8/10------|
A|-6---6-6-6--6/8--------|
E|--------------------------|

For the bridge:

B|-6------6---6------3-------3---8----|
G|-7------7---7------3-------3---8----|
D|-7------7---7------5-------5---8----|
A|-5------5---5------5-------5---6----|
E|-5------5---5------3-------3---6----| x2
I...the..moon.visions.her.nightly

For the Dm-Eb part I play powerchords and after that a quick slide form the Eb up to the F chord (somewhat like in the prechorus).

I might not be perfect, but it's enough to play along with the song. Hope that could help you a bit
Wink

Edit: removed chord-symboles above the lines, since the spacing was incorrect after posting.

Back to top Go down
Tobbo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Behold the hurricane chords   Behold the hurricane chords Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:55 am

simo wrote:
I've been messing around with the song, someone try this out for the main lead riff and tell me if it sounds right to you. Sounds good to me but I'm not positive on it.

Just play this over and over pretty much. This is assuming you're playing along in standard.

B|---------6------
G|3---3---------3

EDIT: fixed typo

sounds good to me, but I think they don't play the last Bb note on the G string every fourth time. (this is just a quick idea, I could be misteaking).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behold the hurricane chords   Behold the hurricane chords Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Behold the hurricane chords
Page 1 of 1