DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)

Go down 
+6
brucesboots
19thirty
sweetpaul
fullcollapse
Shrewsbury_Stars
steady now steady now
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Empty
PostSubject: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:14 am

I have noticed that the LP cover and CD digipak available in the UK state "Made in the EU", but I assume that the US covers are different. Can anyone confirm?

(If anyone worries about my sanity, there's no need, as I don't collect variants, I just like to list them drunken .)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:28 am

"Made in the USA" on the CD sleeve.

"Made in USA" (no "the") on the black LP sleeve.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:25 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

"Made in the USA" on the CD sleeve.

"Made in USA" (no "the") on the black LP sleeve.

thanks

as a follow up, the European cover of the American Slang vinyl was glossier than than the US one; in the case of Elsie, the European cover is quite matt; what's the US one like?

also, is a red vinyl in a European cover worth more than in a US one, because it is presumably rarer (the pressings, I gather, are the same)?

have I got better things to do?

EDIT:

also, I have just seen a photo of Elsie in a CD case; are all US CDs like that, as the European CD comes in a digipak?

Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) 313143_10150276396231048_299984136047_7783136_6419277_n

Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) 313630_253294491378144_100000927865668_786394_4099568_n
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:15 am

The US CD I received did not come in a plastic case (it's a cardboard sleeve that folds open).

On both the vinyl and CD sleeves, the lettering is very glossy (along with the yellow stripe along the bottom).

At this point, I don't care enough about minor variations on the outer sleeve of the vinyl (US vs. EU) to spend the extra dough on a red Euro copy.

I think it's worth following up with SideOne about any other differences between the US and EU pressings.

EDIT: Doesn't it seem weird that they would press all of the red vinyl in California but some of the sleeves in Europe?

Last edited by Shrewsbury_Stars on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:51 am

steady now steady now wrote:
also, I have just seen a photo of Elsie in a CD case; are all US CDs like that, as the European CD comes in a digipak?

Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) 313143_10150276396231048_299984136047_7783136_6419277_n

I now know that this is the Australian version; the German one may be cased as well
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:22 pm

Oh, lovely, looks like they're aiming to vandalize my bank account again! haha.

The CD I bought in the US was in a digipack as well.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Can people in the US who have the red vinyl tell me what are the numbers etched into it? The ones on mine, bought in the UK from Banquets are (A and B side):

111036A1FK

111036B1FK

Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Can people in the US who have the red vinyl tell me what are the numbers etched into it? The ones on mine, bought in the UK from Banquets are (A and B side):

111036A1FK

111036B1FK

If no one replies before then, I'll do so when I get home from the office tonight.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

111036A1FK

111036B1FK

If no one replies before then, I'll do so when I get home from the office tonight.

more pressing news now at

https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t3458-correct-elsie-vinyl-pressing-info
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Kind of irrelevant now that we know the Euro and US pressings are different but here's the matrix from the US red:

S-77632 A

S-76333 B
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Kind of irrelevant now that we know the Euro and US pressings are different but here's the matrix from the US red:

S-77632 A

S-76333 B

I now have a copy of the European black and, as expected, the matrix numbers are the same as for the European red, i.e. 111036A1FK & 111036B1FK.

Can anyone confirm what the matrix numbers are for the US black? Are they the same as for the US red?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:13 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

S-77632 A

S-76333 B

I now have a copy of the European black and, as expected, the matrix numbers are the same as for the European red, i.e. 111036A1FK & 111036B1FK.

Can anyone confirm what the matrix numbers are for the US black? Are they the same as for the US red?

I'm fairly sure they're the same as the US red but I'll double check.

EDIT: They are indeed the same.
Back to top Go down
sweetpaul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:24 pm

fullcollapse wrote:

No Emily don't do it!!! Oh, I should mention I'm Paul that you met on Tuesday with Rob.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:28 am

sweetpaul wrote:
fullcollapse wrote:

No Emily don't do it!!! Oh, I should mention I'm Paul that you met on Tuesday with Rob.

haha I love you! Man, anything even remotely related to Gaslight exists only to make sure I have no money.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:47 am

so the US vinyl comes with a credit card size plastic download card, the Euro vinyl comes with a CD sized bit of download paper
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:36 pm

Are the Euro red and the US blood red the same exact color?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:21 pm

19thirty wrote:

Nope. They're definitely different. The US red is "blood red" and the Euro red is "bright red". When you look at them together they look like two very different colors.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:35 pm

[quote="Shrewsbury_Stars"]
19thirty wrote:

Nope. They're definitely different. The US red is "blood red" and the Euro red is "bright red". When you look at them together they look like two very different colors.[/quote

Could somebody post a pic of both reds side by side? Pretty please!
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:39 pm

[quote="19thirty"]
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
19thirty wrote:

Nope. They're definitely different. The US red is "blood red" and the Euro red is "bright red". When you look at them together they look like two very different colors.[/quote

Could somebody post a pic of both reds side by side? Pretty please!

Since you said pretty please. I'll do it. Gimme a few minutes.

EDIT:

Here ya go:

Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Elsie001

Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Oh Wow...pretty big difference! Hey thanks a bunch! Appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:12 pm

recieved the Australian cd version, does come in a jewel case.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

S-77632 A

S-76333 B

I have now checked my US black, and I think the first number should be S-77633 A, just that the 3 is poorly written/scratched
Back to top Go down
MxBx!
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MxBx!

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Goddamn it I hate digipacks, if I knew they were available in Jewel cases across the pond I would have forked extra for one!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harker/120725651345443?sk=app_1780
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

S-77632 A

S-76333 B

I'm fairly sure they're the same as the US red but I'll double check.

EDIT: They are indeed the same.

Out of curiosity, has anyone bought Elsie on vinyl recently? Just curious if subsequent pressings ended up the same matrix #'s as the first press.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Did they ever sell out of the Blood Red Vinyl?

It's a shame this album never got huge, I'd strongly argue that it's Fallon's best work yet... By a lot...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)   Elsie variants (for nerdy folk) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elsie variants (for nerdy folk)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next