DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln Empty
PostSubject: The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln   The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 7:51 am

from http://www.kustomsandchoppersmagazine.com/2011/08/31/the-gaslight-anthem/

Its been awhile since I have done a Hot Rod Music article, the last one was on Fu Manchu. Have you ever found a band that is just amazing, but you really can’t explain why? A band that has something about them but, you’re really not sure what that something is? Well The Gaslight Anthem is that band. I have been a fan of The Gaslight Anthem for over 2 years now and I can honestly say I can’t get enough of them.
The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln The-59-sound-300x300

The Gaslight Anthem has an amazing and unique sound. What do they sound like? Well They sound like Bruce Springsteen, and Miles Davis got together with the drummer from the Cure and started recording songs by The Clash, the Bouncing Souls and the Replacements. Also Bob Seger, Tom Petty, John Lee Hooker, Alkaline Trio, Otis Redding, Muddy Waters and Johnny Cash would all make guest appearances on the album and Charles Dickens would rewrite the songs . Everything from Punk Rock, to blues, to Soul, to Jazz, to classic rock, to Bruce Springsteen (I know the bands tired of being compared to Springsteen but you can’t avoid it!) and Tom Petty has influenced The Gaslight Anthems sound.

When it comes to The Gaslight Anthem’s songs, they are very lyrically based, when you listen to their songs, pay attention to all of the lyrics they tell a story and paint a picture. The Stories they tell are nostalgic, detailed and original much like a Springsteen song or a Bob Seger song. The thems of the stories range from Hard Luck, Love, Good Times and Nostalgia for things such as Cruising at night and hanging out at drive in’s, dreaming about making it big, racing in our Hot Rods and Muscle cars around Asbery Park and remembering all of the other good times.
The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln The-Gaslight-Anthem-Old-White-Lincoln-541681

Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Phil Rockabill
A Contender
A Contender
Phil Rockabill

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln   The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:02 am

Quote :
If you are a Fan of 70s Rock, 60s Rock, 50s Blues and Soul, Swing, Cool Jazz, Punk, or Rockabilly this band is for you! If you are a Fan of Bob Seger, the Clash, Joe Strummer, the Replacements, Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, Otis Redding, the Bouncing Souls or John Lee Hooker this band is for you! The Gaslight Anthem is great for when you want something to cruise to, or if you want something straight forward yet deep.

Couldn't agree more. I've been a fan of most of the bands you've listed for years. I mean, just look at El jefe's work for TGA, it represents exactly what the TGA is all about. A lot of people relates to this and i sure do.

Btw, great article. Cool
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln   The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:27 pm

I don't mean to be a dick but whoever wrote that has pretty poor grammar. I do agree with what he writes, it's just pretty distracting with all the errors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln   The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:55 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I don't mean to be a dick but whoever wrote that has pretty poor grammar. I do agree with what he writes, it's just pretty distracting with all the errors.

Yeah, that part of it could have used a touch up. But still a nice article.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln   The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gaslight Anthem and Their Old White Lincoln
Page 1 of 1