DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduction Song

Go down 
+10
Norb
Scott
ksupilot
Garish
Jukebox Romeo
JadedGoober7
billy pilgrim
Stalls_Standing
e7c
JoshRaymond
14 posters
AuthorMessage
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:44 am

When you introduce The Gaslight Anthem to a friend which song do you play first for them to hear. I go with 1 of 3 Drive, Blue Jeans And White T Shirts, or 1930.

Props to e6c for the idea
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:49 am

I use Blue Jeans, followed by Miles Davis and then 1930... I think it does a good job of showing their total sound
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:57 am

I'da Called You Woody, Joe

or

Say I Won't (Recognise) everyone loves this one
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:56 am

shit that is a great song, i also think We Came To Dance would be a really good first introduction song. Reinvent good times man.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:28 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
I'da Called You Woody, Joe

or

Say I Won't (Recognise) everyone loves this one

Say I won't is actually one of the few songs that I don't give 5 stars to on my iPod (it gets 4 stars... I only have one song that gets 3 stars)
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:57 am

Whats that one?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:31 pm

For some reason I feel really guilty saying this... but I am not a fan of the song Senor and The Queen.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:11 pm

damn
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:43 pm

let the crucification begin!
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:46 pm

To be honest if I feel like trying to introduce someone to them, I just tell them to go to the band's myspace, which is lazy. Off the top of my head I'd probably go with one off each release: "Wooderson," "Wherefore Art Thou Elvis" and "The Patient Ferris Wheel." Three is a good number.
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:27 pm

Not that it's my favourite (but I do so love it) But....Say I won't (recognise) is a song people always ask about if I'm playing their music.

I'd like it to be I'da Called you Woody Joe cos Joe Strummer is one of my all time heroes....but there you go, peoples tastes are peculiar.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:39 pm

JadedGoober7 wrote:
Not that it's my favourite (but I do so love it) But....Say I won't (recognise) is a song people always ask about if I'm playing their music.

I'd like it to be I'da Called you Woody Joe cos Joe Strummer is one of my all time heroes....but there you go, peoples tastes are peculiar.

Once I get people hooked on TGA, I always bring up I'da Called you Woody, Joe... that is the song that takes them from fan to fanatic!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:15 pm

dude, I just played Blue Jeans for a friend of mine, and he's like "Dude, this is awesome!" so i gave him my copy of The '59 Sound. he's loving it

but usually, it depends on what my friends are into...my friends who are into punk, i play drive, 1930, woody, wooderson, we're getting a divorce, or i coulda been a contender. for my friends who are into rock, i play miles davis, cowgirls, say i won't, great expectations, 59 sound, film noir, navesink banks, or high lonesome. for my friends who are into rap/shitty music, i play drive or film noir (the second half of the verses usually wows them)
Back to top Go down
Garish
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Garish

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:40 am

Usually it's Say I Wont (Recognize) but after The '59 Sound came out it's been Even Cowgirls Get The Blues or The Backseat
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 3:10 am

Blue Jeans and White T Shirts got my girlfriend and my mom into gaslight
Back to top Go down
Scott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scott

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:21 am

blue jeans and say i wont..
crowd pleasers what can i say lol
Back to top Go down
Norb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:26 pm

I think Drive is pretty much perfect to introduce...
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:25 pm

my friend that I mentioned above, who I loaned my copy of The '59 Sound to, says that it's all he's played in the past week, and I catch him humming Film Noir nonstop
Back to top Go down
carson
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
carson

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:14 pm

59 sound, i played that to a friend at college today..and they were quite impressed
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/joshgnr
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:19 pm

Boomboxes, it's the first song I heard by them and the first one I tell people to listen to. Absolutely love that song.
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
pookieray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:40 am

Say I Won't because I would not stop humming or singing it and it drove my friends crazy.

kinda related but when you played Great Expectations for people did they jump when the vocals and drum kick in? I had three people tell me it scared the crap out of them cuz it started out all soft and then kicked in and they weren't expecting it.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:08 am

I usually play 1930 for people who haven't heard them
(Say I Won't is one of my least favourite songs by them)
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:48 am

It's Old White Lincoln at the moment, for my friends that aren't into Punk Rock that much
Back to top Go down
Garish
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Garish

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:49 am

Lately Ive been playing Casanova, Baby! or Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
Most people I've played it for seem to really respond to Casanova, Baby! impromptu dance parties usually break out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduction Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction Song   Introduction Song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction Song
Page 1 of 1