DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post your band here.

Go down 
+40
Better Sense
Zach_Edelman
bringiton_ty
TGAforLIFE
TheTrevor
Hanswurst
bakerfall
Danieljsmith
Jack
steph
eremitapa
JimmyB
J_Bizness
Don Carlo
ThisMachineKillsFascists
The Angry Johnny Revue
plugga
HorribleCrowe
IrishNameAndAnInjury
rikerd21
ozfacter
loazis
Debonair
acousticbandit
thebiglebowski
JJW319
theBasemen
sidekicksuicide
spgilbert
drifter69
Harbortown
scarsrsouvenirs
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Greydiamonddesert
Holland
DeathoftheCool
simo
Philo
IKeeptheDiner
Kilgore Trout
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:28 pm

Hey JohnnyC your new songs sound good and I'm pretty sure I still have most of your old stuff on my laptop but I would recommend uploading your songs to Bandcamp. Then people don't have to download them one by one.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:02 am

THanks, man. Yeah, I definitely should and I know how to do it, but I'm sure I'll put it off for a long time before I get around to doing it haha.

EDIT: I think maybe there's some twisted logic behind my obsession with last.fm and its inconvenient downloading other than laziness. If I put stuff on BandCamp it's very easy to access, but there's a tendency to just download with one click, put it on in the background, and forget about it while you're doing something else. I know how it works, since I do it all the time with other people's music haha. With last.fm there's a concerted effort to getting the songs on your computer (although, let's be honest, it's still pretty easy). It forces the listener to engage, which is the only kind of listener I'm interested in having, honestly. I'm not trying to "make it" in music, so the only reason I put this stuff out there because I would like to think these are good songs that deserved to be listened to, not necessarily just heard.

That probably sounds pretentious (actually, it definitely sounds pretentious) but meh...I think there's some truth (dare I say wisdom?) in it.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:25 am

Haha, that's definitely strange. Bandcamp is the best though!
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:32 am

Yeah, it definitely is the best. Like I said, I'm sure at some point I'll do the Bandcamp thing.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 7:47 am

This is the band I played in when I was in high school.

It's not very original and the production is horrible, but I suppose it's punk rock so I figured I'd upload it for nostalgic reasons and share it with you.
I play the bass and do backing vocals.
http://soundcloud.com/melacksweden
Back to top Go down
TheTrevor
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:33 pm

Harbortown wrote:
This is the band I played in when I was in high school.

It's not very original and the production is horrible, but I suppose it's punk rock so I figured I'd upload it for nostalgic reasons and share it with you.
I play the bass and do backing vocals.
http://soundcloud.com/melacksweden

I checked a couple of these tunes out, and as a fellow purveyor of the low-end, I have to say that you, sir, play a pretty mean bass guitar! Nice playing!
Back to top Go down
http://lupusrun.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:50 am

JackStreetcar wrote:
THanks, man. Yeah, I definitely should and I know how to do it, but I'm sure I'll put it off for a long time before I get around to doing it haha.

EDIT: I think maybe there's some twisted logic behind my obsession with last.fm and its inconvenient downloading other than laziness. If I put stuff on BandCamp it's very easy to access, but there's a tendency to just download with one click, put it on in the background, and forget about it while you're doing something else. I know how it works, since I do it all the time with other people's music haha. With last.fm there's a concerted effort to getting the songs on your computer (although, let's be honest, it's still pretty easy). It forces the listener to engage, which is the only kind of listener I'm interested in having, honestly. I'm not trying to "make it" in music, so the only reason I put this stuff out there because I would like to think these are good songs that deserved to be listened to, not necessarily just heard.

That probably sounds pretentious (actually, it definitely sounds pretentious) but meh...I think there's some truth (dare I say wisdom?) in it.

I can attest that I listened to the whole album only because it took forever to download.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:40 am

Hey Johnny C, I just listened to a couple of your songs on Last.fm. You've got a good sound! The last one was "As Fast As She Can." It's pretty rockin' man. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:44 am

Hahahaha see, Matt, it works!

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Hey Johnny C, I just listened to a couple of your songs on Last.fm. You've got a good sound! The last one was "As Fast As She Can." It's pretty rockin' man. Wink

Thanks, man, I really appreciate it. Cool
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:53 am

JackStreetcar wrote:
Hahahaha see, Matt, it works!

TGAforLIFE wrote:

Thanks, man, I really appreciate it. Cool

Yeah, definitely. Keep on playing for sure! It's always cool to see bands play locally in cities and such. I remember when I used to live in the Seattle area, there were a bunch of smaller shows. Sometimes those are the coolest to go to because it's more fun in a way, plus you don't have to shell a lot of dough to see good quality music. Smile
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:55 pm

I don't think I have ever posted my songs on here before. They don't really sound like Gaslight at all but maybe some of you guys might like them.

http://paperceilings.bandcamp.com
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Just did this this afternoon.

http://soundcloud.com/n-rd/blue-rhodes

Not sure if you guys usually listen to music like this but I'd appreciate any feedback.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:31 pm

Oh and I'm digging the Paper Ceilings album, The Serious Song made me laugh (:
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Thanks! I like your song. I could even picture some mellow rapping over the top of it.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:04 am

Heres my band if anyone wants to listen. For fans of Rancid, Dropkick Murphys e.t.c also have a nice cover of knowledge to put up
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/theknuckledowns
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:47 am

simo wrote:
I don't think I have ever posted my songs on here before. They don't really sound like Gaslight at all but maybe some of you guys might like them.

I gotta say I really liked all the stuff on this page but I need to say I listened to all your songs and I loved each one. 10000 better than Frank Turner.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Whoa thanks, that's high praise haha.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:13 pm

This is my band, we don't really sound anything like Gaslight Anthem and the other members in the band do not understand my obsessive love for them nonetheless would appreciate some feedback.

http://www.purevolume.com/BorrowedGlory
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:09 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
This is my band, we don't really sound anything like Gaslight Anthem and the other members in the band do not understand my obsessive love for them nonetheless would appreciate some feedback.

just listening to the first chords and i gotta say this is really really great Clap cheers
super warm-but-strong guitar I LOVELOVE THIS kinda soud Very Happy
and the singer has some reaaly good talent Clap

so you gotta get a studio and run for a full lenght album! i'll buy it bounce

btw: second title just kicked in with some super-smooth chilling atmosphere sound geek love it - if only it would be stereo-soundstudio-quality afro
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Hanswurst wrote:
The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:

just listening to the first chords and i gotta say this is really really great Clap cheers
super warm-but-strong guitar I LOVELOVE THIS kinda soud Very Happy
and the singer has some reaaly good talent Clap

so you gotta get a studio and run for a full lenght album! i'll buy it bounce

btw: second title just kicked in with some super-smooth chilling atmosphere sound geek love it - if only it would be stereo-soundstudio-quality afro

Oh wow thanks, that's high praise. I really appreciate it. Yeah the singer was a great find but unfortunately she left for college in Philadelphia a few days ago which hinders things a bit regarding studio time and recording but on the plus side playing shows in her area helps towards exposure.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Here a couple videos of my band, Who Wants Some Nesquick
the first one is a song i wrote called It's All Right, interspersed with a little Ben E. King in the middle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEjy-V6gmps&feature=channel&list=UL
This one is called Hella Kopter, my buddy wrote it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKAl_BBb5QI&feature=channel&list=UL
We just played our last show before we go off to college! Sad
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:46 pm

simo wrote:
The lyrics are funny as hell bro, I'm gonna listen to it again.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 7:01 pm

simo wrote:

do you like andrew jackson jihad?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 7:19 pm

simo wrote:

I fucking love this.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Thanks everyone! Yeah Andrew Jackson Jihad is one of my favorite bands. So great.

Sarah, I'm assuming it was you and not some other Sarah from WI that just ordered a CD so I'll let you know I'll ship it out tomorrow. I really appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your band here.   post your band - Post your band here. - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your band here.
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next