DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ripping iTunes previews

Go down 
+10
ral
steady now steady now
TGAFAN25
Shrewsbury_Stars
Jay
Joe Jack
simo
Bea
Daire
riversedge
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Boxer
A Contender
A Contender

Ripping iTunes previews - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ripping iTunes previews   Ripping iTunes previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Bea wrote:
because Brian's made really clear that this is an album made to be heard in its entirety, not piece by piece.

you can listen to the 90s previews all you want, but you won't get the point of it all. you won't get the feeling the people who've waited till september will get once we've received/bought the album, play it in the middle of the night and listen to those songs for the first time.

that's the way this record was intended to be heard. in Brian's words: "The internet is great for somethings... but it's taking the magic out of music. There's no surprise and no mystery of art when people take it upon themselves to do things."

Far be it from me to question him here, but why have they officially released a single then? and the 90s preview of Black Betty? You don't hear the complete album from those do you?
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Ripping iTunes previews   Ripping iTunes previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:41 pm

The Boxer wrote:
Bea wrote:
because Brian's made really clear that this is an album made to be heard in its entirety, not piece by piece.

you can listen to the 90s previews all you want, but you won't get the point of it all. you won't get the feeling the people who've waited till september will get once we've received/bought the album, play it in the middle of the night and listen to those songs for the first time.

that's the way this record was intended to be heard. in Brian's words: "The internet is great for somethings... but it's taking the magic out of music. There's no surprise and no mystery of art when people take it upon themselves to do things."

Far be it from me to question him here, but why have they officially released a single then? and the 90s preview of Black Betty? You don't hear the complete album from those do you?

I think that those are Fallon-approved tasters. I think he wanted to release those to set the mood for the album.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Ripping iTunes previews   Ripping iTunes previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:26 pm

not even going to listen to them, im hanging on to get the Elsie bundle in my hands.
Back to top Go down
StopAndSlideToTheRight
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
StopAndSlideToTheRight

PostSubject: Re: Ripping iTunes previews   Ripping iTunes previews - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:00 pm

brucesboots wrote:
not even going to listen to them, im hanging on to get the Elsie bundle in my hands.

I only realized that it would be worth avoiding it once it was too late (no experience for anticipating an album whatsoever)

I'm definitely going to do it with the new Gaslight album next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ripping iTunes previews   Ripping iTunes previews - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ripping iTunes previews
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2