DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record

Go down 
+4
steady now steady now
Harbortown
chickenman
LuceroDiehard
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Empty
PostSubject: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:07 pm

RT @gaslight_anthem Thank you Barcelona! Last show of the American slang tour! We'll see everybody next year with a new record, off to the writing!
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:44 am

So I guess this means little activity from TGA before the new record hit the shelves next year.

Oh well, waiting for something good is usually worth it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:27 am

Now all we gotta do is wait for those first video podcasts from the studio recording process.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:02 am

bobbyw24 wrote:
RT @gaslight_anthem Thank you Barcelona! Last show of the American slang tour! We'll see everybody next year with a new record, off to the writing!

to be honest, I hadn't realised this was still part of the 'American Slang Tour' - pretty weird part of the tour in any case: a German tour and misc. festival dates and support slots (ok, so I'm sulking because I didn't get to see them)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:25 am

Yeh it seemed more like the slow fading out of a tour rather than an explosive end , plus by the end they weren't playing much off American Slang by the looks of it. And i also did not get to see them. Roll on Revival Tour!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:25 pm

If I'm correct, TGA only did 2 tours in the US to support AS.

One with Tim Bary and Chamberlain
Second with Fake Problems, The Menzingers and Rival Sons.

Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:07 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
bobbyw24 wrote:

to be honest, I hadn't realised this was still part of the 'American Slang Tour' - pretty weird part of the tour in any case: a German tour and misc. festival dates and support slots (ok, so I'm sulking because I didn't get to see them)

Wanna form a club? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:36 pm

I've still never seen Gaslight live... I'm so happy that by the time the new album is out, and they start touring I'll have my driver's license and can just go by myself without having to try to convince someone to drive me. Never works.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:00 pm

that's what Brian said last night during the Barcelona show: something along the lines of "we have been touring on this record for 18 months, and this is the last show of the american slang tour" and then said that they'll come back next year with a new record
Back to top Go down
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:30 pm

He said to me last night that they have 4 songs for the new record, I'm assuming one of them is Biloxi
Back to top Go down
chickenman
A Contender
A Contender
chickenman

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:52 am

Gaslight23 wrote:
He said to me last night that they have 4 songs for the new record, I'm assuming one of them is Biloxi

Haven't Brian more or less said so himself? At one of the first shows they played Biloxi Parish, down under? I think he said something like 'allright, this is a new song, this time we started with writing the 'odd-ball-song', the Film Noir or the Cowgirls... of the new album'.... ? I'm sure that was not his exact words, even though I'd like to, I don't have a photostatic memory, but it deffinetly was something like that.
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:36 am

Bea wrote:
that's what Brian said last night during the Barcelona show: something along the lines of "we have been touring on this record for 18 months, and this is the last show of the american slang tour" and then said that they'll come back next year with a new record

18 months? wasn't the album released around this time last year?
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:36 am

Bea wrote:

18 months? wasn't the album released around this time last year?
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 8:35 am

Dying Scene posts about this tweet:

The Gaslight Anthem conclude “American Slang” tour, set to begin work on new album

In a tweet to their Barcelona fans, The Gaslight Anthem announced that they’re off to begin writing material for the new album now that their “American Slang” tour has concluded. The band writes, “Thank you Barcelona! Last show of the American slang tour! We’ll see everybody next year with a new record, off to the writing!”

With Brian Fallon and Ian Perkins’ side project The Horrible Crowes coming out with their debut album soon, there’s plenty to be excited about in The Gaslight Anthem camp. Stay tuned for more info!

http://dyingscene.com/news/the-gaslight-anthem-conclude-american-slang-tour-set-to-begin-work-on-new-album/
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record   Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tweet from TGA: We'll see everybody next year with a new record
Page 1 of 1