DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ironbug
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC Empty
PostSubject: Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC   Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:48 am

Me again, currently learning more, now, I'm trying to play the aforementioned songs on an Acoustic, I'd really rather not down tune the guitar, as as you can imagine as a beginner, it takes awhile to get it right again.
Could someone help me, and a Chord List, so I could play these open? No Capo, just straightforward Chords?
X
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC   Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:34 am

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Unless you want to tune the guitar or get yourself a capo, then no, there's no way you can play that song with open chords, seeing as the song is in A#. Of course you could play the song with power chords, but then again that would be an insult to the instrument seeing as it's an acoustic guitar, not an electric one.

I'd say if you really want to play a Gaslight Anthem song without having to down tune or get a capo, then start off with American Slang, it only uses four chords: C, F, G, Am

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/g/gaslight_anthem/american_slang_crd.htm
Back to top Go down
Ironbug
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC   Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:50 am

If I got a Capo, where would I need to put it?
X
Back to top Go down
moosicmaniac
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC   Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:59 am

There's also no shame to playing the songs in standard tuning, they'll just sound a little higher.

I often need to change the key of a song so it's within my vocal range.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC   Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Ironbug wrote:
If I got a Capo, where would I need to put it?
X
For Great Expectations you'd put it on the third fret. You wouldn't use Am, F, C, G though, you'd use Em, C, G and D.
Back to top Go down
Ironbug
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC   Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:29 am

Thanks Harbortown, the next step then is, Substituting the Am F C and G for Em, C, G and D, can you give me, or show me an accurate Tab?Smile
X
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC   Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:43 am

That is correct!

Sure thing, here's how you play it:
Verse: G, Em x4
Bridge: C, D
Chorus: Em, C, G, D x4
Alt. bridge: G
Verse: G, Em x2
Bridge: C, D x2
Middle part: Em, C, G, D x4
Bridge: C, D x2 C, D, Em, D
Outro: G, Em x2 C, D, G

I hope all that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC   Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Expectations , Here's Lookign at You Kid ACOUSTIC
Page 1 of 1