DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

neat spin on "the cool"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

neat spin on "the cool" Empty
PostSubject: neat spin on "the cool"   neat spin on "the cool" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:51 am

not sure if there are any westbound train fans on here, but their singer obi fernandez is releasing a solo record through paper+plastick, and they have been releasing a demo a week for the month of april. on the most recent track, the song fades out with obi singing, "you bring the heat, i'll bring the cool." reminded me instantly of brian/gaslight and made me wonder if it was in any way inspired by brian's writing. either way, i really dig the line.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: neat spin on "the cool"   neat spin on "the cool" Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 6:06 pm

I doubt it. Gaslight's reference to "the cool" is itself a reference to another artist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_Davis#Birth_of_the_Cool_.281948.E2.80.9349.29
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: neat spin on "the cool"   neat spin on "the cool" Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 6:44 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
I doubt it. Gaslight's reference to "the cool" is itself a reference to another artist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_Davis#Birth_of_the_Cool_.281948.E2.80.9349.29

well, duh Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: neat spin on "the cool"   neat spin on "the cool" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

neat spin on "the cool"
Page 1 of 1