DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)

Go down 
+10
Sinngh
NeverTrustAJunkie
JJW319
fullcollapse
joe
kieran
Holland
CluckyB
IKeeptheDiner
simo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Empty
PostSubject: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:41 pm

Broadway Calls tweeted that they were really surprised by it and Chris Farren retweeted that. Wonder who it could be? My first thought was Against Me. Any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:54 pm

my band.....just kidding.....i wish.

its gotta be someone along the lines of against me or else people wouldnt be surprised by it. it definitely is an act that has been around.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Hmm, they said it's not Against Me
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Off SideOne's twitter:

Quote :

@steveceragno it's not @againstme we can say that much!

Well I guess that rules that out.

Off Broadway Call's twitter:

Quote :

I think the @side_one_dummy announcement is going to surprise a lot of people. It surprised me for sure. In a good way.

I guess that also probably rules out something like Banquets.

I guess we'll wait and see. Hope its someone good. SideOne already has so many good bands on it

edit:

according to internet rumors, Lucero isn't on their major label anymore. They already have the Ted Hutt connection and they are a great fit for SideOne. So who knows? It would also sorta fit with Lucero doing the warped tour this year.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Ooh that would make sense and be a great signing
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:24 pm

that really does make sense. ever thought of joining the cast of law and order Clucky?
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:26 pm

I hope its me, whoever it is it should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:35 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
that really does make sense. ever thought of joining the cast of law and order Clucky?

haha. I'm a pretty bad detective though. All I did was go "Man I hope its someone like Lucero. Lets go try and find some evidence to support it being Lucero" Razz
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:52 pm

IKeeptheDiner wrote:

If it made much that much sense then it wouldnt be a surprise would it? Thats my logic anyway.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:33 pm

kieran wrote:
IKeeptheDiner wrote:

If it made much that much sense then it wouldnt be a surprise would it? Thats my logic anyway.

damn. i guess you got me there haha.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:49 pm

Quote :
@BossHugo the artist isn't "normal" for sideone..punk in ethos, not necessarily sonicly though

Lucero certainly continues to fit the bill... maybe broadway calls was just trying to throw us off with the whole surprising thing, or maybe we view SideOne in a different light as a lot of other people. We see the Lucero - Gaslight connection, but Gaslight is already on the edge of the stuff off SideOne.

actually, it looks like one of their responces was in reply to someone guessing lucero. Oh well. Sad
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Calling it right now.....

Prince.

Done. Case closed.
Back to top Go down
joe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:59 pm

looks like the sounds:

http://sideonedummy.com/we-signed-the-sounds
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:40 pm

I'm really unsure about this. I tried listening to them a few years ago and they did absolutely nothing for me except make me cringe.

I'm never really hooked by female vocals anyway, except for a couple specific cases. I also can't see this band outside the context of traipsing around with the Fueled By Ramen crowd a few years back. I'll give this album a try, but I'm just worried that it will still be trying to appeal to the little scene kiddies that have mostly grown out of that phase. I hope it's different, though!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:58 pm

Yeah. Hopefully it will work out for them though. Also hopefully AM! and Lucero signings are just coming later =P
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:26 pm

Surprising sign indeed.

we will see...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

CluckyB wrote:
Yeah. Hopefully it will work out for them though. Also hopefully AM! and Lucero signings are just coming later =P

Lucero has a four album contract with Universal. and from the recent interview i saw with the singer Ben, he said they rather self release an album cause it sells about the same amount of number. Not surprised since out of 6 albums, 4 of em are self release.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:07 am

Can't say I've even heard of The Sounds.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:23 am

Quote :
@broadwaycalls: Also, that signing that @side_one_dummy announced earlier was not the band I was thinking of!

Quote :
@sideonedummy: @broadwaycalls: Also, that signing that @side_one_dummy announced earlier was not the band I was thinking of!

They're not done yet!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:31 am

CluckyB wrote:
Quote :
@broadwaycalls: Also, that signing that @side_one_dummy announced earlier was not the band I was thinking of!

Quote :
@sideonedummy: @broadwaycalls: Also, that signing that @side_one_dummy announced earlier was not the band I was thinking of!

They're not done yet!

Excited!

Quote :
@sideonedummy: @broadwaycalls the other will be announced soon! The band to be named later is fucking rad too!
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:40 am

fullcollapse wrote:
CluckyB wrote:
Quote :

Quote :

They're not done yet!

Excited!

Quote :
@sideonedummy: @broadwaycalls the other will be announced soon! The band to be named later is fucking rad too!

derp. I meant to quote that one by side one, musta copy-pasted wrong Razz
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:26 am

I was a big fan of The Sounds' Living In America. Some favorites:

Rock and Roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoFbhLv0kFg

Mine For Life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLUDLcdPX9g

Haven't been totally up to date since then but the random songs I've heard on the radio, I've liked. I saw them open for Angels and Airwaves and a headline show with Shiny Toy Guns opening. They were pretty good.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:53 am

fullcollapse wrote:
I'm really unsure about this. I tried listening to them a few years ago and they did absolutely nothing for me except make me cringe.

I'm never really hooked by female vocals anyway, except for a couple specific cases. I also can't see this band outside the context of traipsing around with the Fueled By Ramen crowd a few years back. I'll give this album a try, but I'm just worried that it will still be trying to appeal to the little scene kiddies that have mostly grown out of that phase. I hope it's different, though!

I just had a listen its kinda catchy in a fun poppy way I guess. I wouldn't listen to them out of choice though really is surprising that sideone has snapped them up.
Back to top Go down
Sinngh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Sinngh

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:07 am

The original Sounds would fit S1D's line-up far better. Or Against Me, for that matter...
Back to top Go down
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:12 pm

Funny how things work out -actually just really got in to this band this year
Agreed not the usual stuff for Side one or most people on here but if you like something with pop sensibilities but still a bit edgy give them a go!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)   SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SideOne signing announcement coming today (other bands)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next