DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Euro, US etc. tours 2011

Go down 
+21
Mechamunky
plugga
IKeeptheDiner
mrklenrd
brucesboots
ilockyer
Gaslight23
pepijn1972
theratman
steady now steady now
loazis
LittleSkill
chickenman
deadstar
ktp
Down by the Mersey
Bea
enola
azlisa
mingus
Luca Chinaski
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:20 pm

@ Bea: I'm already on the run and meet you in Hamburg so that you have your Personal translator Laughing
@ steadynow: Thanks for the info on the venue capacity - I was looking for that too. But I bought the Ticket already anyway Very Happy
@ bruceboots: at eventim you can also print the ticket yourself - at least for Hamburg. Saves you the postage!

So: who else is going to Hamburg?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:50 pm

i still don't know if i'll make it to Hamburg because:
- i already bought the tickets for Berlin
- flights from Luxembourg are 300€ which is crazy and i'm not gonna buy
- it's like 8 hours by train, so i will probably die on that train due to the greatest boredom ever unless i find someone to go with... which ain't looking too good (i'm also pretty sure i won't make it from the airport to St Pauli by myself xD)
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:35 pm

if this wasnt the week of my graduation i would possibly go know so many DSSers are gonna be at these shows haha.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:26 am

Hmm, really thinking about one of the Germany-shows... Blink-182, my first favourite band; with TGA, my most recent favourite band Smile Still hoping for some other European dates though (timing of the Germany-shows isn't exactly perfect for me and Hamburg is a considerable distance from here).
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:39 am

cheapest flight i can find to Hamburg works out to £210 for me and the other half, on top of that there is petrol and parking in getting to London, hotel for a night in Hamburg, thats me out, Im gonna hang out on UK shows, past few years ive followed Bruce and Gaslight, money is tighter this year, im gonna have to be selective this time round.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:57 am

Bea wrote:
i still don't know if i'll make it to Hamburg because:
- i already bought the tickets for Berlin
- flights from Luxembourg are 300€ which is crazy and i'm not gonna buy
- it's like 8 hours by train, so i will probably die on that train due to the greatest boredom ever unless i find someone to go with... which ain't looking too good (i'm also pretty sure i won't make it from the airport to St Pauli by myself xD)

And how about this one?

http://www.last.fm/event/1755442+blink-182+at+Grugahalle+on+24+June+2011 (although I can't seem to find a confirmation of TGA being the support act (it's not on their Facebook anyway), don't really know where the last.fm-user gets it from)

Essen is not too far from Luxembourg (and Belgium). And that date is ideal for me!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:03 am

I'm really hoping something turns out for july, my june is hellish, I have like seven exams that I MUST pass if I want to graduate, although I have some hope for the one in dresden, I have a friend there!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:35 am

fluppebxl wrote:
And how about this one?

http://www.last.fm/event/1755442+blink-182+at+Grugahalle+on+24+June+2011 (although I can't seem to find a confirmation of TGA being the support act (it's not on their Facebook anyway), don't really know where the last.fm-user gets it from)

Essen is not too far from Luxembourg (and Belgium). And that date is ideal for me!

well i'm already seeing Blink with Gaslight in Berlin on the 22, so i don't feel like spending more money to watch the same show again two days later... i wouldn't mind going to both shows if Gaslight was headlining, but since they're just the opening act one time is enough Wink
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Oh ok, didn't quite catch that. And why Berlin when Essen is so much closer?
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:27 pm

because i've never been to Berlin and it's a city that i want to visit, so the Gaslight show is the perfect excuse to make this trip happen Wink
Back to top Go down
Mechamunky
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mechamunky

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:19 pm

I still haven't got a chance to see them yet.
Can anyone tell me if they will be playing around the US this year?
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:32 pm

main land UK would be gud.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Mechamunky wrote:

It seems like they will most likely be doing something this year. It's still vague, but even if there's no full fledged TGA tour, it looks like Brian will be doing some things. He's talked about it in his blog without extreme details; it just looks like a whole lot of things will be happening, but nobody is saying what exactly they are! Frustrating but exciting, that's for sure. I love having things to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
Mechamunky
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Mechamunky

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:55 pm

I missed seeing them in NC a few years ago and I regret it ever since.
It seems like they only play festivals or outside the US now, which I guess isn't a bad thing, don't want to hog them to ourselves Very Happy

....but seriously I want them back.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:56 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
Mechamunky wrote:

Frustrating but exciting

that pretty much sums it up
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:56 pm

I am hoping for a few East Coast dates before Bamboozle. It would make sense to hold off on announcing these dates for a while until the Bamboozle tickets have sold (out). It may even be a requirement. I believe festivals often require bands not to headline shows in the same area as it may compete with festival ticket sales.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:00 pm

I am pretty much planning my summer over their tour dates ahahah but I am hoping they're going to pukkelpop since I am too! that would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:04 pm

bt211 wrote:
I am hoping for a few East Coast dates before Bamboozle. It would make sense to hold off on announcing these dates for a while until the Bamboozle tickets have sold (out). It may even be a requirement. I believe festivals often require bands not to headline shows in the same area as it may compete with festival ticket sales.

I have been told that the bamboozle "people" forbid bands (who are playing the fest) from playing within a 30 mile radius from the venue for 30 days before and after the festival.

Of note, Asbury Park is about 60 miles out; there are MANY other options. And also, if it rules out TGA from playing within those parameters, it might not necessarily rule out one of Brian's projects, or one of the other side project-ish bands from having a show. This is what I am looking forward to most--the possibility of other things happening that week/weekend.
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:11 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
bt211 wrote:

I have been told that the bamboozle "people" forbid bands (who are playing the fest) from playing within a 30 mile radius from the venue for 30 days before and after the festival.

Of note, Asbury Park is about 60 miles out; there are MANY other options. And also, if it rules out TGA from playing within those parameters, it might not necessarily rule out one of Brian's projects, or one of the other side project-ish bands from having a show. This is what I am looking forward to most--the possibility of other things happening that week/weekend.

TGA + Asbury Park = bounce would be perfect!

The indoor stage of the Stone Pony may almost be too small since they sold out the summer stage last year. Convention Hall would be great because it has a GA floor.

And according to google maps, the Starland Ballroom is 35.7 miles from NMS!
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:33 pm

they can play after they just cant announce it officially till that weekend or something like that. which its smart if your bamboozle, but a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:14 pm

I totally forgot about Starland. We're hoping to get into a couple sold out shows there the weekend after Bamboozle, if things work out in our favor. Like I said, trying to work as much awesome in as I can. ha. I am really, truly, excessively hoping Gaslight and Brian do things that week. Sucks that I have to solidify the dates I'll be out there so far in advance since I know nothing else will be announced until much closer to that weekend.
Back to top Go down
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:11 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
I totally forgot about Starland. We're hoping to get into a couple sold out shows there the weekend after Bamboozle, if things work out in our favor. Like I said, trying to work as much awesome in as I can. ha. I am really, truly, excessively hoping Gaslight and Brian do things that week. Sucks that I have to solidify the dates I'll be out there so far in advance since I know nothing else will be announced until much closer to that weekend.

if not there will probably be a few shows in the city that week you're in the area.
Back to top Go down
Down by the Mersey
Wooderson
Wooderson
Down by the Mersey

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 4:49 pm

It looks like Gaslight are going to play the Download Festival in the UK this summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/bosshugo
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Looking at the line up i don't think i will be going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Euro, US etc. tours 2011   Euro, US etc. tours 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Euro, US etc. tours 2011
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3