DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Krusimo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Krusimo

C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010 Empty
PostSubject: C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010   C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:45 am

Great show and one of the biggest german TGA venues I would say.....Setlist not in the right order, but the encore order is right and the first three songs of the set too.....they also played old haunts, even cowgirls..... and old white lincoln with Ian. But Brian also played guitar, so three guitars this time Smile

Setlist:

The Spirit Off Jazz
Boxer
Diamond
High Lonesome
Old Haunts
Old White Lincoln
Even Cow...
Bring It On
Stay Lucky
Queen
Senor And The Queen
Wherefore...
Blue Jeans
Wooderson
Casanova
We Came
Woody...
Angry Johnny
Great Expectations
The 59 Sound

Encore:
She Loves You
American Slang
Film Noir
Here´s Looking
The Backseat
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthemfans.de
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010   C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Thanks, Zottel. How large was the venue? What was the age mix of fans like (it's very diverse here in the UK)? And how did the support acts do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Krusimo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Krusimo

PostSubject: Re: C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010   C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Mmhmm, I would say 3000-4000 people. Definitely bigger than in cologne, but I dont know the other german venues, but I think Berlin was the biggest. The audience moved much more than in cologne. Average age: most of the people are were between 21-35. But I have also seen many "older" people. Surprisely there were not many "kids" (under 21).

Chuck Ragan was nice, and the audience knew many songs. But I stay with my opinion, when I say that he doesnt really fit into the big venues.

I only saw two Sharks songs, so I dont really know , if the audience liked them.

Unfortunately I couldnt take some pictures. If I will find some in the net, I will post the link.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, but its too late Wink
Back to top Go down
Silver
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Silver

PostSubject: Re: C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010   C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:47 pm

IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!! Very Happy
My first Gaslight concert and it was such a great show. They setlist was so cool. Really happy that they played Wooderson, 1930 and Elvis. They almost played 2 hours and the crowd went totally crazy. It was like everyone was singing along and jumping with them. We were in the 2nd row and people were pushing the whole concert for coming in the first three rows. There was also some pogo dancing in the middle of the hall. I think that we were about 2500-3000 people. All ages. In front of me was a rel. old guy (40 years or sth. like that) but he was jumping, too. Esp. in those "jumping songs" like bring it one or diamond church street choir. But I think the majority was about 25 - 30 years old. At the end of the concert they threw the setlists in the crowd and I almost catched one of benny's drum sticks. Damn.
Yes, they were 3 support band. The first one was THE RIOT BEFORE and no-one really knew that they were a support band. When we arrived they played their last song and went backstage. :/
The 2nd one was SHARKS and they are so cool. They sound like a modern version of THE CLASH. Really diggin' their songs now. We also saw them at The RAMONES museum at 18 pm where they played a live acoustic show. Really sweet and after their concert in the c-halle I was so SHARKS addicted that I bought a white SHARKS shirt. Very Happy I really wish that they'll get success. They def. deserve it. But they are still rel. unknown here in Germany and the crowd was very unmotivated. They just played 20 minutes. :/
But then! The 3rd support: Mr. Chuck "The Terminator" Ragan. Unbelieveable performance. His voice is so powerful. Got goosebump after goosepump. He only played 30-40 minutes but all the great songs like The Boat, Cut em down, For broken ears, Don't cry,... Awesome. The crowd also liked him and was singing along.
Yeah and then THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM and I already wrote about them.
So there is just one more thing I have to say:
For me it was the concert of the year!
Oh and I think I love these guys now. I love you
Back to top Go down
Krusimo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Krusimo

PostSubject: Re: C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010   C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Damn!!! We missed The Riot Before, because we did not know, that they were playing. So we came too late. Evil or Very Mad

And I was surprised why there were Riot Before Shirts at the merchandise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010   C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

C-Halle, Berlin, 05.11.2010
Page 1 of 1