DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guardian Complaint

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Guardian Complaint Empty
PostSubject: Guardian Complaint   Guardian Complaint Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/oct/21/new-band-sharks

Just read a piece on The Guardian website about Sharks. Overall it's a good press for Sharks but once again the amateurish writing of the Guardian columnist is unbelievable. I don't know what it is about the Guardian but they really seem to have something against The Gaslight Anthem. In the Sharks piece they even refer to Brian as Brian McFallon! Every review of their music and live performances seems to be negative and I just don't get their anti-Gaslight views.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/jun/27/the-gaslight-anthem-review

In this review the reviewer even criticised them for wearing t shirts saying they are trying to look like Bruce Springsteen!
Shocked
Sorry to be ranting but they just come out with some absolute bullshit and I wondered if anyone else has noticed this and feels like me lol.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

Guardian Complaint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Complaint   Guardian Complaint Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:14 am

Brian McFallon?
I think Tobe's to blame for that one! Razz

(Sorry Tobe!)
Back to top Go down
J.B.R.
A Contender
A Contender
J.B.R.

Guardian Complaint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Complaint   Guardian Complaint Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:50 am

Haters gonna Hate 🐱

It is just bad publicity on them, their biased and unvalidated opinions do not fall on deaf ears, people will read this trash and some will acknowledge their amateurism and move on
Back to top Go down
IFeelBlue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IFeelBlue

Guardian Complaint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Complaint   Guardian Complaint Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:14 am

It's esiest to be a critic than make some good music.
Simply, in my honest opinion...Bullshit.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Guardian Complaint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Complaint   Guardian Complaint Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:19 pm

Its just a columnist opinion not everyone is going to love Gaslight as much as we do. Read it and move along no point getting wound up about it you differ in a opinion move on.

The only thing that annoyed me was the cheque shirt thing way to stereotype gaslights massively diverse fan base just looking at the scope of the music taste of fellow forum users is testament to that.

I would still much rather read the Guardian than almost any other mainstream British newspaper.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Guardian Complaint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Complaint   Guardian Complaint Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:25 pm

kieran wrote:
Its just a columnist opinion not everyone is going to love Gaslight as much as we do. Read it and move along no point getting wound up about it you differ in a opinion move on.

The only thing that annoyed me was the cheque shirt thing way to stereotype gaslights massively diverse fan base just looking at the scope of the music taste of fellow forum users is testament to that.

I would still much rather read the Guardian than almost any other mainstream British newspaper.

Yeah that's true it just gets on my nerves really. Oh well I'll just have to avoid the Guardian's reviews of Gaslight in the future. Smile
Back to top Go down
IFeelBlue
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
IFeelBlue

Guardian Complaint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Complaint   Guardian Complaint Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:29 pm

I got to think before write...that's true, not everyone has our own consideration for Gaslight Anthem.
But you know...music and passion can drive a man crazy :-P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guardian Complaint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guardian Complaint   Guardian Complaint Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guardian Complaint
Page 1 of 1