DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June

Go down 
+3
LBAZ
steph
steady now steady now
7 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Empty
PostSubject: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:35 am

There will be an interview with/article on TGA in next week's Guardian newspaper (Friday, 12 June). Their jounalist met with them yesterday afternoon at the Forum in London. They fitted in a photo shoot as well.

Here is my photo of the photo shoot:

Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Tnphotoshoot

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:48 pm

haha. they look real pumped to be having to stand there and pose.
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:30 pm

They have those poster boy poses down to a T.
Wow. I haven't posted on here for a while. So much has happened!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:49 am

ok, here's the article from today's Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/12/gaslight-anthem-hard-rock

and yes, I'm that 43 year old fan who gets a mention (NOT the guy with the sparrow)

(of course, journalists mess things up, so that's not a direct quote and I am NOT a professor of social anthropology, I'm just a professional historian, though my PhD is in social anthropology; and 'they' never 'escaped' my attentions, nor could 'the band nobly swallow a collective sigh', as the journalist wasn't even there yet when Brian left, and I hung out with Benny and some other fans for a long time after that guy had left)

so, is being called eccentric and bizarre an accolade?

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:32 am

cheers for the post! Smile

this paragrah has to be the funniest thing ever! ".......Watching the group pose for the camera, a stocky man in a bomber jacket
plucks an ailing sparrow from the gutter and offers it to them. As
singer Brian Fallon recoils in shock, the man allows the terrified bird
to fly away and holds out a soiled hand for shaking. "Man, I couldn't
believe that guy!" says Fallon as we sit on the tour bus an hour later.
"I hate to be rude, but I wanted to say to him, 'Dude, first of all we
are working, and secondly - I am not going to shake your hand when you
have just been handling a random bird.......'"
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:42 am

ktp wrote:
a stocky man in a bomber jacket

that was NOT me, that was the other guy, just to make that clear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:01 am

steady now steady now wrote:
ktp wrote:
a stocky man in a bomber jacket

that was NOT me, that was the other guy, just to make that clear

Haha! Is it me or do 90% of the interviews the band are involved in follow more or less the same structure (on the interviewer's behalf), with just the same questions worded differently? (as in the interviewers just keep asking the same questions over and over again...)
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:09 am

it's all the same old same old, though i have read better articles. thought it made the band sound a bit odd too. made them seem not very willing to chat to people, it didn't make them sound very friendly which as we all know is rubbish!

and steady now steady now I know that's not you, it was just a random thing to write about i thought!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:50 am

here are the photos that accompanied the print version of the article (the first of these is one of those poses shown in my photo of the shoot taking place - see above):

Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Guardian%201

Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Guardian%202

Last edited by steady now steady now on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 1:22 pm

nice pics! like them! cheers for posting them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:34 pm

Yeah thanks for the scans. Photos are pretty good even if interview wasn't. Typical newspaper journalists, failing to give acurate representation of character.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 3:22 am

i love the way you brits always say "cheers!" in place of "awesome" or something
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:34 am

steph wrote:
i love the way you brits always say "cheers!" in place of "awesome" or something

Does no-one say 'cheers' in the US? We usually say it in the UK in place of 'thanks'.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:44 pm

no its not really american slang. maybe a few people have taken it and say it, but not a commonplace thing as it seems to be with you guys. it just sounds so much more festive than "awesome" or "cool" or "thanks" haha.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 4:00 pm

FIVE SUGARS? Jeeeeeeeeezums.

Also, how cute is Alex R in that second photo?

(I have nothing constructive to add)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 6:22 am

steph wrote:
no its not really american slang. maybe a few people have taken it and say it, but not a commonplace thing as it seems to be with you guys. it just sounds so much more festive than "awesome" or "cool" or "thanks" haha.

Yeah 'cheers' is quite commonplace in the UK, particulalry in social situation like the pub. I do use 'awesome' in everyday conversation, although I am aware this is as much an American term as 'cheers' is an English term.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:53 am

i sign off all of my work emails 'cheers!' might try awesome next! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:56 am

ktp wrote:
i sign off all of my work emails 'cheers!' might try awesome next! Razz

I use 'thanks' when writing or typing but 'cheers' a hell of a lot in conversation, without really meaning to. I might try say 'awesome' instead of thanks to a barman when I've had a bit to drink one time, just to see their reaction!
Back to top Go down
losethetragic
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:40 am

Wow never knew Brian was straight edge lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tomgd
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 8:02 am

billy pilgrim wrote:
FIVE SUGARS? Jeeeeeeeeezums.
haha I know, reading it I was like Shocked
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:33 am

five sugars doesnt seem that bad. i work at starbucks and ive seen much worse. like an iced mocha (which is already way too sweet for my tastes) with extra pumps of mocha, half and half instead of milk, and 5 packets of sugar on top of that. but no whip cream (gotta lose weight right)
Back to top Go down
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:41 am

haha but that's the best bit! Razz
Also thinking about it, I guess a good pour of the sugar in those Starbucks containers we have over here would equal about 5 packs, so it's not that bad. Just reading it sounds like a lot!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:15 pm

haha yeah
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:13 am

steph wrote:
five sugars doesnt seem that bad. i work at starbucks and ive seen much worse. like an iced mocha (which is already way too sweet for my tastes) with extra pumps of mocha, half and half instead of milk, and 5 packets of sugar on top of that. but no whip cream (gotta lose weight right)
That's so crazy. I'm weird, I only like my coffee a little bit sweet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June   Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guardian (UK) interview, Friday 12 June
Page 1 of 1