DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From Belgium with love

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

From Belgium with love Empty
PostSubject: From Belgium with love   From Belgium with love Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi!

It's a shame that I didn't find this forum earlier! Lovely to see other people this psyched about TGA Smile

I'm Filip, 22 years old. I'm from Belgium and live in Brussels (where my home is) and Leuven (a small student city in Belgium, where I'm studying and living during the week). I don't know if there are other Belgian fans here?

The main reason for me subscribing on this forum and reading as much as I can? Not my nerdiness, but my incredible admiration for The Gaslight Anthem and Brian Fallon, who is to me one of the most inspired songwriters I've ever heard. I first heard The Gaslight Anthem (think it was The '59 Sound) about a year ago in a bar. I liked what I heard, asked the bartender which band that was, and a few weeks later I already checked them out in a small venue in Brussels. I was immediately hooked and I've seen them three times since: first at the Dour Festival in 2009 and a year later at Rock Werchter. A few weeks later, I was on holiday in the US, and was verrry surprised to find out that TGA played in Los Angeles (The Wiltern) when I was there. A great experience (my first concert abroad), which makes me even more impatient for their next gig in Brussels (14/11). It will be my fifth time seeing them live, and it still excites me every time.

And as much as I love their catchy, groundshaking songs like The '59 Sound, Casanova Baby!, Boxer, I'da Called You A Woody, Joe,..., there is nothing that beats the slower stuff, which show the incredible talent of Mr. Fallon. Examples: Blue Jeans & White T-shirts, We Did It When We Were Young, She Loves You (what a shame that it's just a B-side) and my ultimate favourite: Here's Looking At You, Kid, one of the songs of my life!

What else do you need to know about me? I LOVE music (some of my favourite bands include Muse, Sigur Rós, Belle & Sebastian, The National,... you can find more on my )Last FM-page), films and football (or soccer, whatever you like; I support a small second division side in Belgium), parties and life Smile
As my welcome gift, I tried to rip the stream from TGA @ Rock Werchter (july 2010) and uploaded Here's Looking At You, Kid to Youtube:

(for some reason, the video is lagging a bit, but hey, at least I tried!)

See you around!
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: From Belgium with love   From Belgium with love Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 5:22 pm

welcome neighbour! Razz
so i see you're going to the Brussels gig, i'm going too! you might save my life here: where the hell is the venue?? i have no idea xD
and i'm sure you'll have lots of fun in here
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: From Belgium with love   From Belgium with love Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 5:29 pm

Welcome to the site.
Nice to have you! Smile
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: From Belgium with love   From Belgium with love Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Welcome, enjoy your stay : )
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: From Belgium with love   From Belgium with love Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:49 pm

Bea wrote:
welcome neighbour! Razz
so i see you're going to the Brussels gig, i'm going too! you might save my life here: where the hell is the venue?? i have no idea xD
and i'm sure you'll have lots of fun in here

It's at the Ancienne Belgique, which is a venue right at the centre of the city. Are you coming by train? It's very close to the Central Station. Just follow the signs with Beurs / Bourse, AB is right next to it. One of the easiest venues to find Smile
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: From Belgium with love   From Belgium with love Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:07 am

alright thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Belgium with love   From Belgium with love Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From Belgium with love
Page 1 of 1