DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Live fast, die awesome?

Go down 
+2
JJW319
NDTGA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NDTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Live fast, die awesome? Empty
PostSubject: Live fast, die awesome?   Live fast, die awesome? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 6:41 pm

This might be a stupid question, but can anyone tell me where this is from? Is it a specific reference to a movie/song/quote or was it something they came up with?

I just know it was on Benny's drum set and one of the Gaslight bootlegs (Boston, 08?) is named "Live fast, die awesome" and I was wondering where it was from.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Live fast, die awesome?   Live fast, die awesome? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 6:47 pm

IDK, but a quick bing search gave me this awesome mural blog

http://www.livefastdieawesome.com/
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Live fast, die awesome?   Live fast, die awesome? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 7:25 pm

He's the artist who painted Gaslight's mural in LA, if you scroll down far on his blog you'll see it
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Live fast, die awesome?   Live fast, die awesome? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:18 pm

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XRp1GrO--CE/SzKe9BqOlPI/AAAAAAAAAK8/WBnB4g9_MF4/s1600-h/rtwall.jpg

full image
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Live fast, die awesome?   Live fast, die awesome? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:23 pm

That's only half of the mural. I saw it while I was visiting LA, the left side's really awesome too. Not sure where there's a pic of the whoel thing though. That's the right side of it.
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: Live fast, die awesome?   Live fast, die awesome? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
NDTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Live fast, die awesome?   Live fast, die awesome? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 12:44 am

Yeah, the mural (which has been my lap top background for a couple months) was another place where I saw the phrase.

I'm still wondering who came up with the phrase or what its importance is though.

Someone I saw tweet "You want my advice? Live fast, die awesome" the other day and I was wondering if that was Gaslight related or not
Back to top Go down
Don Juan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Don Juan

PostSubject: Re: Live fast, die awesome?   Live fast, die awesome? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:43 am

If I remember right, the phrase was taken from a friend of the band who passed in a car crash. His name was Zach Finch and the drum head also had the initials Z.F. on it. I can't remember where I heard this at. Could have been discussed somewhere on the forum or an interview somewhere. Sorry, hope this is correct.

http://www.myspace.com/zack_finch_memorial_page
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/donwebb
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Live fast, die awesome?   Live fast, die awesome? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 3:46 pm

There is something about him on somewhere on the forum, I remember hearing about it before, I think he was part of the inspiration for the '59 Sound actually
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Live fast, die awesome?   Live fast, die awesome? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 3:53 pm

found it, this is from the thread about the "Live Fast, Die Awesome" bootleg

liveit wrote:
"Live fast, Die Awesome" is a quote from their friend Zack Finch (thus the Z.F. that is also on the drum). He's a Jersey friend that was killed in a car wreck. Zack is one of the few they dedicated The '59 Sound to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live fast, die awesome?   Live fast, die awesome? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live fast, die awesome?
Page 1 of 1