DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young

Go down 
+7
ktp
Little Eden
ExitEnglish
Daire
xstevenbx
MKULTRA
TGAFAN25
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Empty
PostSubject: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:16 pm

wow, somebody made this cover and just put it on youtube.... what an awesome version, i love the creativity.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7HSrdB2YAg
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:27 pm

i realize that that took a lot of talent and creativity and on one hand i'm impressed, but on the other hand it annoys the shit outta me. respect to whoever did that though.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:02 pm

this rules!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:30 pm

Fair play to the lad as it must have taking a while to do; and a lot of effort.

But it isn't half irritating.
Back to top Go down
ExitEnglish
A Contender
A Contender
ExitEnglish

PostSubject: Re: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:51 am

WingsForWheels wrote:
i realize that that took a lot of talent and creativity and on one hand i'm impressed, but on the other hand it annoys the shit outta me. respect to whoever did that though.
hahah
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:48 am

I enjoyed it, but I would've have preferred that the background be tuned down and the singing be turned up. But it definitely goes under the "waaayyyyy better than I could ever do" category
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:28 am

Little Eden wrote:
I enjoyed it, but I would've have preferred that the background be tuned down and the singing be turned up. But it definitely goes under the "waaayyyyy better than I could ever do" category

know what you mean!

did remind me a bit of glee though i'm ashamed to say & 'don't stop believing!' shall i leave now?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:00 pm

don't don't don't don't don't haha it's nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:55 pm

ktp wrote:
Little Eden wrote:

know what you mean!

did remind me a bit of glee though i'm ashamed to say & 'don't stop believing!' shall i leave now?!

you're talking to an openly out-and-proud gLeek! lol, no need to feel ashamed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

PostSubject: Re: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:28 pm

this was really impressive. Whoevers singing did a great job.
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:28 pm

It bugs me...it's like trying to listen to something while a fly is buzzing around your head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:24 am

can't decide whether I like or hate it. the chap's certainly talented though.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:31 pm

It's novel, and I appreciate the effort. But yeah... I don't think it quite "works" for me, vs something like Glee's Don't Stop Believin cover.
I think it would be better without the alternating high notes playing throughout the song. Sustained vocal notes, like the ones he uses in the chorus, might fit the mood of the song more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young   awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

awesome a capella version of we did it when we were young
Page 1 of 1