DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Tall Kid
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Tall Kid

Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?) Empty
PostSubject: Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?)   Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:22 pm

Hey everyone-

Steve here, often known as The Tall Kid. I'm a regular on the Mighty Mighty BossToneS forum- which I mention because admittedly I got into Gaslight after hearing Patient Ferris Wheel.

It is no coincidence that I'm joining this forum the day after the Radio City show- I found this place while searching for an accurate set list (thanks to those who posted, by the way). Last night marked my 4th TGA show- the first being the Irving Plaza American Slang show, followed by Boston on 8/2 and Asbury on 8/5.

I've been going to concerts since I was 11 years old (thanks mom and dad) most of which have been in NYC and surrounding area, plus I lived in Boston from 1999-2003 and still get to a decent amount of shows up there. I've been lucky enough to see some classic rock acts along the way such as The Who, Yes, Eric Clapton, and various incarnations of the Grateful Dead. Ska and Punk shows have been my main event though, including the likes of Dropkick Murphys, Less Than Jake, Bouncing Souls, Rancid, etc... Over the summer I saw my 36th BossToneS show, which was in Milwaukee and was the final night of a 2900 mile, 7 city road trip that I did with some other fanatics (Note: Gonna see them at Riot Fest in Chicago next week too.)

But back to the reason I'm here- I absolutely love The Gaslight Anthem. They appeal to every single part of my music-loving self. Lyrically and melodically they blow me out of the water. The songs are so complex yet so simple at the same time (does that make sense?) Furthermore, and I've said this a thousand times before, Brian Fallon is the happiest man in rock and roll. The look of pure joy on his face is something you don't see on enough musicians- he personifies how grateful all four of them clearly are to be living a dream.

Anyhow, I look forward to stopping in here during my daily sojourns in front of my computer screen, and hopefully making some new friends along the way.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetallkid.com
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?)   Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:52 pm

Hey steve.

Huge Bosstones fan here, and lurk regularly on that board, so recognise you, and yer tat!

Nice to have ya here! Smile
Back to top Go down
The Tall Kid
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Tall Kid

PostSubject: Re: Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?)   Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Daire wrote:
Hey steve.

Huge Bosstones fan here, and lurk regularly on that board, so recognise you, and yer tat!

Thanks! You should say hi on that other board, we don't bite Wink

Love the avatar, by the way... sadly I missed seeing Mike and the boys last week in NYC.

Are you gonna catch Gaslight in Ireland? A good friend of mine is going to the Belfast show.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?)   Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:04 pm

The Tall Kid wrote:
Daire wrote:
Hey steve.

Thanks! You should say hi on that other board, we don't bite Wink

Love the avatar, by the way... sadly I missed seeing Mike and the boys last week in NYC.

Are you gonna catch Gaslight in Ireland? A good friend of mine is going to the Belfast show.

Yup! Going to see them in Dublin the night before the Belfast show. Myself and a mate were planning on road tripping it to Belfast aswell, but we're going to Barcelona in November and we can't really afford the money or to take more time of uni.

Street Dogs are great. I've only ever gotten to see them once though. They rarely play here which is a bummer. At some stage down the line I'm planning on getting the Street Dogs military logo tatooed on my arm, but filled in with plaid, for the other great Boston band.
Back to top Go down
The Tall Kid
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
The Tall Kid

PostSubject: Re: Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?)   Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:11 pm

Daire wrote:
I'm planning on getting the Street Dogs military logo tatooed on my arm, but filled in with plaid, for the other great Boston band.

Nice!

Also- "Lock The Taskbar" has me cracking up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?)   Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings! (How did I JUST find this place?)
Page 1 of 1