DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?

Go down 
+24
BuddyHolly
MagicRatAFC
TGAFAN25
IKeeptheDiner
ktp
Johnny99
NJsoul
steady now steady now
Stalls_Standing
bringiton
Bea
redinthemorn
steffuhnee
kupe
curly
loazis
MCStevepants
divoz
Palmer89
simo
Shrewsbury_Stars
Daire
Clementine
Jack
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Empty
PostSubject: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:12 pm

The reason I ask is because you would think if the song would ever be played live it would certainly be at the record release show, which it wasn't. It might be a strange song live because of the atmospheric quality, but I'd still like to hear it. Thoughts on this? What do you think? Will we ever hear a live version?
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:19 pm

I'd think it would have to pulled off as an acoustic version. I'd prefer the vocals focusing on just the lower voice track of the song.
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:20 pm

Hope not. IMO it's in the top 3 worst TGA songs.
Aswell as that I think the feel/atmosphere of the song would ruin the tempo and general atmosphere of a gig too.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:24 pm

I sure hope so. I think the biggest obstacle to this song being played live is Brian's double track vocals. They would either have to have Alex(es) sing the echo verses or just drop the echo from the live version.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:25 pm

I think it's a great song. I'd love to hear it live with everyone singing.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Daire wrote:
Aswell as that I think the feel/atmosphere of the song would ruin the tempo and general atmosphere of a gig too.

Have to agree.

I don't get on with the song at all, not going to slate TGA for what I don't think is a great song because others love it and they've produced such magic before it. I just don't really like it that much.

Would be interesting to hear an acoustic version though.
Back to top Go down
divoz
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
divoz

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:54 pm

I think its the best song on AS, hands down
Back to top Go down
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Worst? You kidding? Try their top 3 BEST songs.

It frikkin' better be.

It would make a great last song before the encore.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Don't know and wouldn't mind not hearing it live at all.

They have so much asskicking songs to play live and so little time anyway.
Back to top Go down
curly
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:13 pm

This was actually a question that I had after initially hearing it. The song isn't an all time favorite, but I really like how it ends the album. Personally, I think that if they want to move to the next level as a live act and as they start playing longer sets they need to be able to develop a setlist that ebbs and flows between faster and slower numbers and I think finding a way to make this song work would be a step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
kupe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:24 pm

i'm almost positive they are going to play it live at some point
Back to top Go down
steffuhnee
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
steffuhnee

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Daire wrote:

I like your display picture! Frank Turner for the win!
Back to top Go down
redinthemorn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
redinthemorn

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 7:06 pm

it took me about 10 listens to really understand and appreciate this song, but now i'm in love with it. i hope to hear it live someday. give it some time, is my suggestion. maybe it's because i'm almost 30, but it kinda hits home.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:02 am

i think if it ever gets played live, they will drop the echo and all that stuff.. maybe brian will play it live in some of his future acoustic shows..
and i love how this song gets us all divided xD i've listened to it 4 or 5 times and i still don't like it
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:03 pm

I think it's a great song, although I think She Loves You is better, and maybe should've been in it's place. At the same time it does close the album well, and I love how it does that. I never don't enjoy hearing it.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Could easily play this song, then straight into The Backseat for the end of the main set
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:00 am

It was played at Oxford last night Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_cheers

After a brief consultation with the other guys, Brian warned everyone that what we were about to hear would either be the worst performance we'd ever heard or really good (or words to that effect). It was, of course, sublime and the perfect way to end the main set. The sing-along was magnificent, as anthemic as I had expected.

Benny told me before the show that they had been practicing it, but that they were not sure whether they'd be able to do it justice, because of the layering that had gone into the studio version. The printed set list kept the options open, as it had: Baba O'Reilly/When we were young.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:08 am

did they do the echo and the back-vocals and stuff? or was it a simple kinda-acoustic-slow song?
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:10 am

I'd love to see some video of this.
Back to top Go down
NJsoul
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:19 pm

I feel like age really plays a factor in "We Did It When We Were Young". I understand parts of it, overall I like it but it is not my favorite song Brian has written. Anyone I know who is around 28-30 loves it, while kids 18-20 don't really understand it. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:23 pm

i neeeed vid!! i wanna see this
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:12 pm

I think it's amazing for a 1st run....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLdRJuiN2BI
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:22 pm

It was amazing live...much much much better then I expected and I believe mentioned in this thread. Was an incredible live performance.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:28 am

wow it looks like it was great. hopefully it might come out at gigs once in a while. fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:49 pm

the dude in that video sounds SOOOOO out of key. other than that it sounds great live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?   Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will We Did It When We Were Young Ever Be Played Live?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next