DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...

Go down 
+11
acousticbandit
JoshRaymond
sazabirules
talley
Casey
Reinvent good times
CluckyB
ral
kieran
simo
DaveSavedTheDay
15 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Empty
PostSubject: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Basically, I really want to go see TGA this year, but they keep announcing the tour dates in batches. I just want to know if they're coming to Pittsburgh or not. If they are, awesome. If not, I want to know so I can flippin' preorder for another show and make plans before those are sold out. It's really annoying.

Plus, I missed the Menzingers the last time they were in Pittsburgh so I really want to see both together.

Sorry, just want to vent..
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:49 pm

I agree, but maybe it's out of their control and they have to wait for confirmation on the dates.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:30 pm

I want to see the dates as its happening while im over in the States and im hoping to catch them either in Seattle or San Fran.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:40 pm

The rest of the are dates coming soon and none of these shows will sell out immediately. I'd expect them to hit Cleveland or Pittsburgh but it might not be with The Menzingers opening (they have shows lined up with Anti-Flag after the run with Gaslight). If you're worried about them not hitting the area at all, you could always head to Columbus next week.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:54 am

DaveSavedTheDay wrote:
Basically, I really want to go see TGA this year, but they keep announcing the tour dates in batches. I just want to know if they're coming to Pittsburgh or not. If they are, awesome. If not, I want to know so I can flippin' preorder for another show and make plans before those are sold out. It's really annoying.

Plus, I missed the Menzingers the last time they were in Pittsburgh so I really want to see both together.

Sorry, just want to vent..

I agree. But there isn't much we can do except cross our fingers and hope they are coming to Pittsburgh. I think there is still a really good chance at it (given there is about a month of dates left and Pittsburgh wuvs them <3) so I'm not too worried. Also its not like they've announced any dates that are in reasonable travel distance from Pittsburgh for the fall tour. =P
Back to top Go down
DaveSavedTheDay
A Contender
A Contender
DaveSavedTheDay

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:19 am

Well, part of me expects it since they were here twice in 2009... but they were here twice in 2009 so..
Back to top Go down
http://www.scheponik.com
Reinvent good times
A Contender
A Contender
Reinvent good times

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:53 am

Much love for the Pittsburgh forumites. I'm the same way...I want to see the whole tour, so I can plan a roadtrip or two, if possible. Last fall, I saw them in Pittsburgh, and turned around a month later and caught them in Buffalo. As it stands now, I was considering the Radio City show, if no Pittsburgh dates arrive. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:56 pm

DaveSavedTheDay wrote:
Well, part of me expects it since they were here twice in 2009... but they were here twice in 2009 so..

First time doesn't count because I didn't know about them yet I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_razz

I'm sure they will play closer than NYC even if they skip over Pittsburgh. If they skip both Cleveland and Pittsburgh I'll be shocked. And Cleveland got Lucero/Turner/Social D so Pittsburgh should get Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:31 pm

Agreed man, I feel your pain.
My city just got announced but it was definitely painful to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
talley
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:09 am

Hey man at least yall got shows in allentown and philly, the closest they get to the southeast is st louis I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:38 am

I asked Brian about this after the LA show at the Wiltern and the reason they do this is cause they can't announce a new show until they have played that region.

Ex. No California dates have been announced since they havnt finished the California part of the current tour yet
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:23 am

That seems like a really dumb rule. But I guess it makes sense for the places with the shows. When I asked Benny tonight about Pittsburgh he was just like "I donno" and the we got to talk about Mr smalls and Social Ds awesome upcoming tour ^_^

on a completly unrelated note, based on info an annomynous source gave me and the a little calander comparison, Denver or mineapolis residents are in luck...
Back to top Go down
sazabirules
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:21 pm

I'm still patiently waiting for a date somewhere on the East Coast that is below Pa.

Anything in MD/DC/VA would be fine.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:49 pm

im waiting for anything in texas, dosent seem like thats going to happen
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:26 pm

sazabirules wrote:
I'm still patiently waiting for a date somewhere on the East Coast that is below Pa.

i'm going to philly, stone pony, and radio city...but i'm still hoping for a DC date as well!! man i'm greedy.
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:53 pm

acousticbandit wrote:
sazabirules wrote:

i'm going to philly, stone pony, and radio city...but i'm still hoping for a DC date as well!! man i'm greedy.

^^^I may hate you... Razz
Back to top Go down
acousticbandit
Wooderson
Wooderson
acousticbandit

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:32 pm

Little Eden wrote:
acousticbandit wrote:
sazabirules wrote:

well, i've never met them, so you've got me beat there I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Yeah I am a little ticked off too. I bought a ticket for Chicago and now I find out there is a Milwaukee show that I would much rather go to.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
amberfoyd
A Contender
A Contender
amberfoyd

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:40 am

good thing i live in la
Back to top Go down
http://www.twiter.com/amberfoyd
IKeeptheDiner
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
IKeeptheDiner

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:48 am

acousticbandit wrote:
sazabirules wrote:

your also the guy who went to the release show. you may be just a bit greedy Razz
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:18 am

acousticbandit wrote:
Little Eden wrote:
acousticbandit wrote:
sazabirules wrote:

well, i've never met them, so you've got me beat there I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_cool

Your time will surely come. And when it does it will be extra sweet. I had to wait 2 years before the stars finally alligned and allowed me to see them and it was the best night of my life Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...   I really hate how these tour dates are being announced... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I really hate how these tour dates are being announced...
Page 1 of 1