DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I guess I should ...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
redinthemorn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
redinthemorn

I guess I should ...  Empty
PostSubject: I guess I should ...    I guess I should ...  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:19 am

introduce myself? I've been around for a bit, but I haven't done this yet. I'm a journalist from Chicago, working in the 'burbs, and started listening to Gaslight a year or so ago. But I really just recently let myself LISTEN to the music. Since then, since listening to the lyrics, it's almost like my life has changed. I grew up listening to punk rock and ska, and in college I let myself stray because it was easier than seeking out new music, and my friends were more into Dave Matthews than Bad Religion. Not anymore. I'm more willing than ever to seek out new music, and I owe it to the Gaslight Anthem. I'm going to my first TGA show next week in Detroit, and shortly thereafter here in Chicago. I'm dragging a friend who's not as obsessed, but she will be. Anyway, long story short, I'm so glad to have found this forum. I produced hometown punk shows for years in central Illinois -- the Plain White T's played my high school graduation party (before they got big, and mainstream, obviously) -- so I love watching bands grow up, get big. How does this relate to my being a journalist? I write headlines and design pages. My favorite game is trying to work lyrics into headlines; one day recently, I was able to work Gaslight into almost every page I did, without my boss questioning its relevance. Which, honestly, shows just HOW relevant they are.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should ...    I guess I should ...  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:54 am

redinthemorn wrote:
one day recently, I was able to work Gaslight into almost every page I did, without my boss questioning its relevance. Which, honestly, shows just HOW relevant they are.

thanks for the intro; great story; now what I'd really like to see is that page you worked TGA into

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should ...    I guess I should ...  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 1:56 pm

Im not a fan but booking the Plain White Tee's is pretty impressive,

Welcome buddy
Back to top Go down
redinthemorn
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
redinthemorn

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should ...    I guess I should ...  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:48 am

wow, i guess i thought i replied. i've never been a huge plain white t's fan, but i've always respected "local" bands -- even though for me, they were 2 hours away. it was also before they got their current singer. but you know, it's fun. it was a great pop-punk when i was 18. and geez, look where they got. i tried to look for old files of the pages with gaslight headlines, but they've since been archived and are too hard to access. but i figure since all the county fairs are ending, one of these days i'll get to use "goodbye circus wheel." and i can't wait. i used "steady now, steady now" for a couple guys trying to balance on a log roll. hah! local news is fun sometimes.

side note--i went to the detroit show, and it made me numb. NUMB. i haven't felt that way about music for years, and gaslight didn't even open. to be fair, hold steady was fucking incredible. but in about 14 hours, i'lll see gaslight in chicago, and i can't wait. i'm so glad i found them, and even more glad i found this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess I should ...    I guess I should ...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I guess I should ...
Page 1 of 1