DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aloha!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
McMenemy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Aloha! Empty
PostSubject: Aloha!   Aloha! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:20 pm

Hey everyone, nice to meet you all.

I'm George, 26 years old from the South Coast of Great Britain. I first got into Gaslight a couple of years ago now when a CD I got free with a copy of Rock Sound magazine had The 59 Sound as the opening track. It got a quick listen and I loved it, so needless to say, that CD was pretty much assigned to track one. I landed myself a copy of their only released album to that point (Sink or Swim) and fell in love with the band.

As for this place? Well, I found it by trying to find Gaslight Sheet music. I started playing guitar a few months ago and I've started to get to a level where my confidence is growing. I'm no guitar hero in the making yet, but at a level where I feel confident trying to learn chord and rhythm patterns for songs I like. After being unable to find books (so that I have the rhythm patterns) I was given two choices: a guitar tabs website, or this forum. I took a look around and found it to be awesome. In fact, it's the only band specific forum I'm on, as this seems such a great community.

Well, not sure if there's anything else I can add, except that I finally got tickets to see Gaslight for the first time this October. Cannot wait, and will be trying to get there early to get close to the front.

Nice meeting you all

Take care,

George
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Aloha! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aloha!   Aloha! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi, welcome to the site!

There are some decent tabs and chords on here (mostly spot on though), mainly by Jukebox Romeo if I'm not mistaken.

It doesn't hurt to try to figure out some chords for yourself though, since Gaslight uses Am, F, C and G in almost all of their songs (especially the older stuff), it's quite doable actually ^^

Enjoy your stay =)
Back to top Go down
McMenemy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Aloha! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aloha!   Aloha! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Yeah I absolutely intend to figure them out by ear..... evetually. I wouldn't mind some official books for the timebeing, just while I'm getting my head around reading it all properly Wink

The thing I like here however is that it seems a good community, so if I have any questions I know I'm likely to get a positive response.

Thanks for the message Smile
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

Aloha! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aloha!   Aloha! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Yeah, nice and helpful guys (and girls) on the internet, crazy stuff ^^
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody