DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Slang played on ESPN?

Go down 
+6
azlisa
JoshRaymond
Daire
Shake Shake Senora
Bea
NDTGA
10 posters
AuthorMessage
NDTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

American Slang played on ESPN? Empty
PostSubject: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:56 pm

Just read on a sports/off-topic related message board I post on (that has a few TGA fans) that they heard American Slang being played going to break on Sportscenter and also during the broadcast of the X-Games.

I'm usually someone who starts to get mad when his favorite bands start getting huge, but not with these guys. After seeing on Wednesday how appreciative these guys are for every fan after so many years of struggling, I hope they get all the fame and mainstream press they deserve. If anyone deserves to be a rock and roll star in the Springsteen/Strummer/Mick Jagger household name mold, its Brian Fallon.
Back to top Go down
NDTGA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:58 pm

Did a quick google search and looks like its true:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thelife/music/news/story?id=5346788

Gaslight Anthem

• "American Slang" from the album "American Slang" (iTunes | Amazon)
  • "Stay Lucky from the album "American Slang" (iTunes | Amazon)
  • "Bring it On" from the album "American Slang" (iTunes | Amazon)
  • "We Did it When We Were Young" from the album "American Slang" (iTunes | Amazon)
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:44 pm

it's true. i didn't get to watch the broadcast, but friends of mine did and afterwards they told me that they heard AS and Stay Lucky somewhere but they didn't remember where exactly, it might have been during one of the motocross competitions (freestyle or best trick).

btw, Travis back at the X-Games, gold medal and double back-flip, how great is that? Very Happy

Last edited by Bea on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shake Shake Senora
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:28 pm

i freaked out as soon as i heard stay lucky. they played the first chorus and immediately cut to "what you don't have, you don't need it anymore."

great exposure!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:05 pm

'Bring it On' is being used by the Irish language tv station TG4 in their promotion of the GAA finals on this weekend.

Thought it was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:22 pm

American Slang was playing in the background at the movie theaters last night when I came out from watching Inception
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:44 pm

This is awesome, this gives them exposure to a whole new fan base.

Im glad this is happening
Back to top Go down
azlisa
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
azlisa

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:16 pm

i heard that TGA was also played on ESPN during highlights when that one baseball player hit a record...i forget his name...haha. I also heard all of the 59' sound being played in a bar/venue recently. I was like woooah! and at best buy, we have this endcap up for a month with this sign that says "summer hits" and TGA is on it..so apparently they're a summer hit, too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/azlisa
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Daire wrote:
'Bring it On' is being used by the Irish language tv station TG4 in their promotion of the GAA finals on this weekend.

Thought it was pretty cool.

Turns out they're also using She Loves You in some other ad too. American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_cyclops
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:00 pm

I heard Diamond Street Church Choir at a tiny little Italian restaurant recently.
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Get paid.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Right after American Slang came out a show on MLB Network used a couple of songs for the highlight reel for the day. Pretty cool that they are getting this exposure without being too mainstream that it takes away from the coziness the band has.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:44 pm

AS was playing on a big book store in Edinburgh the first time I walked in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:55 pm

They used a Gaslight anthem track on match of the day or one of the football shows over here but it was late and I cant remember which song. Was still cool though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Slang played on ESPN?   American Slang played on ESPN? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Slang played on ESPN?
Page 1 of 1