DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad Religion

Go down 
+16
Harbortown
Shrewsbury_Stars
fullcollapse
colmillionaire
drifter69
wonderson189
Sinngh
Reinvent good times
redinthemorn
ral
PFREEZY
Refused
Anesthesia
JoshRaymond
Forum Owner
e7c
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Bad Religion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:42 am

its like how Rancid opened up for RA few years back...this should be just illegal.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:45 am

I too am quite disappointed in this.

The unfortunate reality is that Rise Against is more likely to bring in younger fans than Bad Religion. The guys in BR no doubt want to expose themselves to this younger demographic. The bright side is that when Bad Religion finishes their set, I'll have a whole night ahead of me to go out.

At least this is not as offensive as when Bad Religion opened for Blink 182 a few years back. I died a little bit inside when that happened.
Back to top Go down
Sinngh
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Sinngh

PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Though there's not that much that distinguishes today's RA from Blink...
But yeah, it's a shame, really. It isn't that long ago when Rise Against were opening up for Bad Religion. That said, i think it always feels wrong when older Bands open up for younger ones.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Jay (Bentley, BR's bass player) actually said in an interview that they were happy to tour with Blink 182, that they didn't feel like "Oh man we're so much better, we should fucking be the headliners". I think that's pretty cool. Apparently Tom DeLonge of Blink 182 was extremely nervous and said something along the lines of "I know you'll probably gonna want to kill me for saying this but.." when he asked them.

They also wanted to tour with Green Day but Billie Joe said something about not wanting to be disrespectful or something, I don't know.

Anyway I am probably the biggest Bad Religion fan on this forum, just letting you guys know!
Back to top Go down
AngryJohnnyN1930
A Contender
A Contender
AngryJohnnyN1930

PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm a huge huge huge fan of both bands. I'm going to the show on Saturday. yes, they're "opening" but I prefer to look at it as the chance to see bands I've loved for over five years now together in one night! I've somehow always missed out seeing either one separately so this is just pure shining awesomeness o me.

Also, from what I've read, Rise is pretty effin honored to have them. Rise would prolly agree with the above sentiments lol ...about them opening for Rise more specifically. Smile
Back to top Go down
Little Eden
Wooderson
Wooderson
Little Eden

PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:59 am

Bad Religion took my moshing virginity...and I'll never go back ;P
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:03 am

Man speaking of Rise Against I gotta tell you guys.

Last year I went to the West Coast Riot festival in Gothenburg for the third time in a row (It's actually only existed those three years, going this year again for Gaslight Anthem), it was a pretty crazy line-up.
Bad Religion, Rise Against, Dropkick Murphys, Dillinger Escape Plan (I got to meet all of them, really nice guys), I think Flogging Molly played there too.

Bad Religion put on probably the greatest show that I've ever seen. Opening with Do what you want, following that up with Overture+Sinister rouge, they played so many songs that I had been dying to see...Oh well I'm getting nostalgic, to the point. After the show I met Greg Hetson. Then during Rise Against's set, they invited Brian Baker to play a Minor Threat song.

The next day I was to fly to Amsterdam and then to Minneapolis, and I met god damn Brian Baker on the airport. Sick.
Then on the plane to Amsterdam, the entire Rise Against walked on. Crazy shit.
Oh and the next day I had my first kiss so needless to say this was a pretty swell start of the summer.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:43 am

Harbortown wrote:

Last year I went to the West Coast Riot festival in Gothenburg for the third time in a row (It's actually only existed those three years, going this year again for Gaslight Anthem), it was a pretty crazy line-up.
Bad Religion, Rise Against, Dropkick Murphys, Dillinger Escape Plan (I got to meet all of them, really nice guys), I think Flogging Molly played there too.

Bad Religion put on probably the greatest show that I've ever seen. Opening with Do what you want, following that up with Overture+Sinister rouge, they played so many songs that I had been dying to see...Oh well I'm getting nostalgic, to the point. After the show I met Greg Hetson. Then during Rise Against's set, they invited Brian Baker to play a Minor Threat song.

The next day I was to fly to Amsterdam and then to Minneapolis, and I met god damn Brian Baker on the airport. Sick.
Oh and the next day I had my first kiss so needless to say this was a pretty swell start of the summer.
Haha, now THAT'S a day/week/summer to remember Cool
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:43 am

Yep!

Though leaving America (and the girl) a few weeks later made it terrible. That's kinda when I started listening to We did it when we were young on endless repeat, haha.
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Harbortown wrote:

Crazy story, dude. I went to WCR last year too. Seeing Hot Water Music was one of my highlights, bummed that I missed Get Up Kids though. Seeing Brian Baker, Dennis Lyxzén and RA charing a stage was simply amazing.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Sweet, 2010's WCR was probably the best one.

Admittedly I'm not even a fan of Rise Against, but it was cool to see.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:00 pm

My high school self's head just exploded:

http://www.thebrpage.net/news/?newsID=2130
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 9:59 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
My high school self's head just exploded:

http://www.thebrpage.net/news/?newsID=2130
Dang this is an old thread.

And yeah that there tour is pretty cool, I actually get to see The Offspring (who are playing Smash in its entirety, not that I care because I don't like them) and Bad Religion at a festival in Sweden this summer. Gonna be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Religion   Bad Religion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Religion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2