DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!

Go down 
+3
Bea
loazis
chrissylovesbruce
7 posters
AuthorMessage
chrissylovesbruce
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Hey all,
My name is Christina, I am 15 and currently live in South Florida. Most say I am a quiet person which I normally am; though if I really get to know you well, you might think totally left of that! Like most of you probably are, I am a huge Springsteen fan, which is how I found out of the amazing Gaslight Anthem. Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_biggrin (Thanks Bruce, for bringing yet another amazing thing into my life!) Just as an advanced forewarning, there might be times where I will go off on a one of my "Springsteen is the greatest" tangents; trust me, it happens more often then some might think! Lol. So far, I only have one Gaslight album, the 59' Sound, which I've owned for quite some time but didn't start getting into their music until just recently. But hopefully that will change today- I am hoping to make the trip out to Best Buy and buy my 2nd Gaslight album, American Slang. I am so excited to hear it! Also, I would love to have their first album; as you already know, I only have the 59' Sound and I really want to have all three of their albums. I am what you could call "single, but on the mingle"- in other words, single, but open to having a relationship with someone who shares the same passion with me on Bruce and the TGA, which is something that's quite hard to find in the day of new age music such as rap (ewwwww!!). So I've shared the basic, generic facts about me; if you want to get to know me better, just message me on here; I look forward to getting to know all of you as well! Have a terrific day! Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_biggrin

Christina
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Welcome to the board!

I am not a real Springsteen listener myself, but I do reckon people who are have good taste ^^

Their first album (Sink or Swim) and their EP (Senor and the Queen) are certainly worth the trip to the record store btw! : )
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:49 pm

haha no you are not the only new Gaslight fan Wink
i think Springsteen's music is great but it's not something i listen to too often.
welcome and i hope you have a great time!
Back to top Go down
chrissylovesbruce
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Hey guys, thanks! Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:51 pm

do you have any plans on seeing them live?
Back to top Go down
chrissylovesbruce
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:52 pm

Ahhh, how I wish to see them live one day. Unfortunately, Florida is "flyover" state for good concerts. Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
chrissylovesbruce
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:54 pm

BTW, posts aren't visible when I click on the topic. How do I make them visible?
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:55 pm

i totally understand what you're saying, trust me. i live in a place where i get to see a band i like maybe once a year.. let's keep hoping, we'll see them one day Very Happy

and what do you mean by they are not visible?
Back to top Go down
chrissylovesbruce
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Ahh you gotta hope!

Yeah, only my post is visible. I have to click on the "send" icon just to view the posts by others. Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:02 pm

hm... i don't know why that happens, maybe someone that has been here longer may know what's going on with that. everything is fine on my side, sorry if im not much help

(btw this is my 100th post!!)
Back to top Go down
chrissylovesbruce
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:03 pm

Lol, it's finally visible! Yay!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:44 pm

hmm... I don't know why your posts weren't showing up, but I am glad they are now.

It is not very often that you hear about a 15 year old Springsteen fan! Who got you tuned into him? Any favorite albums by Bruce? Personally, I love Nebraska, it is raw and has a great story to it.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:08 pm

welcome, i believe you are the only person from florida on here, glad your here
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:20 pm

I always feel left out being a not-really-into-Springsteen guy here. I know I'm not alone but there are lots of Bruce fans here.
Back to top Go down
chrissylovesbruce
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:14 pm

@ simo- Lol, part of me believes that one of the reasons TGA is already so big with just three albums out is because of the fact that they have been largely associated with Bruce and Estreet Band, due to their similar proximity and sound.
@ e73- Haha, thanks, I was a bit worried about it at first... And yup, it so totally is! My dad was raised me around Bruce (and rock and roll music in general; but Bruce and The Estreet Band dominate my house when it comes to music!) ever since I was a little kid. Personally, I'm not too into his solo albums, I don't even have Nebraska on my Ipod, but I can see as to why people love it so much. I'm going to have to import it onto my Ipod one of these days as I do have the album itself in my collection. Favorite album? Born To Run, OF COURSE!! I think the close 2nd and 3rd favorite albums would have to be WIESS (The Wild, The Innocent, And The Estreet Shuffle) and Born In The USA. I have seen him and The Estreet Band live four times, Tampa and Fort. Lauderdale 08' and 09'. The 4 best nights of my life! Have you ever seen them live?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:44 pm

no, I have not seen Bruce live. I was not a fan of Bruce until TGA. (except for a few songs, I have always loved Nebraska and The Ghost of Tom Joad).
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:58 pm

welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!   Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from (not so sunny and sometimes way too sunny) South Florida!
Page 1 of 1