DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

6-13-2010: Deep Cuts - Kuruptlon's EP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kuruptlon
A Contender
A Contender
kuruptlon

6-13-2010: Deep Cuts - Kuruptlon's EP Empty
PostSubject: 6-13-2010: Deep Cuts - Kuruptlon's EP   6-13-2010: Deep Cuts - Kuruptlon's EP Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:32 pm

This was a tough task. Choosing 6 songs from a massive music collection wasn't easy.

Anyways I decided to choose 6 songs that evoked a lot of emotion for me personally.

Here goes:

1. Blind Melon - Mouthful of Cavities

This song seems to exemplify Shannon Hoon's struggle with addiction. Unfortunately Shannon died of a cocaine overdose in October of 1995 shortly after this album was released.

A cool side note is that the woman's voice heard in this song is actually the voice of a long time Blind Melon fan. She would follow them around on tour and always told the band that she could sing. They finally gave her a shot on this song and it turned out quite perfect.

2. Brand New - Jesus christ

Jesse Lacey is a very interesting lyricist. This song is very thought provoking and the subject matter was unlike anything I had ever heard before. if your a christian you find yourself wondering if you should be listening to it, or at least I did. It's a powerful track.

3. Audioslave - Shadow On The Sun

I'm a huge Audioslave fan and this is by far my favorite Audioslave song. This song is used in the movie Collateral when the coyotes are crossing the street. The scene is quite epic in my opinion. It is definitely one of my favorite scenes in any movie. I've always been a fan of a well placed song in a movie and this one hits it on the head.

Link - Collateral Scene

4. Candlebox - Sometimes

This song is rather depressing, something to listen to on a rainy day (literally or metaphorically).

5. Third Eye Blind - Motorcycle Driveby

Stephan Jenkin's is one of my favorite lyricists and this is his Sistine Chapel. He paints a vivid picture of love lost, but as with a lot of Third Eye Blind songs it is done in a way the song ends with a sense of hope. A sense that life goes on.

6. Van Morrison - Slim Slow Slider

I had to put this song on here even if doesn't look like it fits. This song gave me chills the fist time I heard it. It is the last song on Van Morrison's first (and in my opinion best) album Astral Weeks. The whole album is a masterpiece and this is a great way to close it. The line "I know you're dying baby, and I know you know it too" gets me every time.

Its a very eerie track.

[Bonus Track] 7. Alice In Chains - Nutshell

I'm sorry guys I know this was supposed to be limited to 6 songs but as I was writing this I realized I couldn't leave this song off the EP and I had a tough time trying to figure out what song I should take off.

This song is deep for sure. Layne Staley, like Shannon Hoon, is another brilliant lyricist that we lost too early to drug use. The first time I heard this song I probably listened to it on repeat for about a 100 times. You find yourself trying to figure out what was going through Layne's head when he was writing this track.

Hope you guys dig the EP. I tried to at least make it flow well. Even if it is a bit of a downer, there are some cool thought provoking tracks in here.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Jeff

http://www.mediafire.com/?ojmwnzynzyz
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

6-13-2010: Deep Cuts - Kuruptlon's EP Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6-13-2010: Deep Cuts - Kuruptlon's EP   6-13-2010: Deep Cuts - Kuruptlon's EP Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 pm

this is really good man,i struggled making my mixtape too,maybe it should be 10 tracks,i enjoyed this and would have liked to hear more tbh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com

6-13-2010: Deep Cuts - Kuruptlon's EP
Page 1 of 1