DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those who don't frequent Punk News

Go down 
+16
MKULTRA
Angry Johnny
Little Eden
built2last25
IKeeptheDiner
steph
CluckyB
stephendgaf
Jack
The Major
simo
loazis
colmillionaire
Vibes
ral
JadedGoober7
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:52 am

Funny story involving lemon poppyseed muffins.

Teacher: This year they are going to have breathalyzers at prom...

Student: What if you eat poppyseed muffins before prom??!!?

And no, she wasn't blonde.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:17 am

IKeeptheDiner wrote:
i was 110% a chocolate chip guy. then i became allergic to chocolate. now im just a corn guy :-/
Allergic to chocolate, poor you =(

Too bad you're such a corny guy now =D
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Angry Johnny wrote:
I personally thought the "fuck you pric" was pretty funny. capital letters always offend me too. still laughing...

Amen bro!
I responded in kind to a blatant attempt at trolling DimeStoreSaints style, Everyone on this forum is so nice and thats great (I love muffins too mmmm Apple and Cinnamon) I just really respond badly to smarm.

In fact I'd actually love to see some proper trolls on this to site stir up a bit of controversial debate.

normal dimestore exchange is usually thus;

I like blah blah band

Me too

Cool

I don't

Thats cool

Yeah.

C'mon I'll start...I think Frank Turner sucks both on recent output and is boring as hell live.

U2 were good aeons ago but Bono should be sent on a solo mission to Jupiter.

Oasis are the new Status Quo with absolutely no musical merit whatsoever and I could eat a tin of Alphabetti spaghetti and excrete better lyrics.

Flame on.

PS Mark, the smoke coming out of my nose was Cigarette smoke!
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:46 pm

i dunno man, frank turner at asbury lanes was one of the better shows that i have ever been to.
he's one hell of a singer and great songwriter. and seems like a legitimately smart guy.
u2 is well over the hill.
oasis, eh maybe in 94. thats all i've got on oasis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Johnny99 wrote:
i dunno man, frank turner at asbury lanes was one of the better shows that i have ever been to.
he's one hell of a singer and great songwriter. and seems like a legitimately smart guy.

i agree...Frank Turner is THE MAN!
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:10 pm

fuckin' gaslight suck.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:14 am

Eh...I think it's important to be honest, but I prefer civil discourse myself. I don't really like a lot of the punk bands people on here do, but I'm not about to stir shit up just to get a rise out of people.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Just light hearted banter, I'd never actually troll threads about these artists, I actually deliberately picked artists I'd seen discussed recently.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Quote :
I think Frank Turner sucks both on recent output and is boring as hell live.

Oasis are the new Status Quo with absolutely no musical merit whatsoever and I could eat a tin of Alphabetti spaghetti and excrete better lyrics.

Whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:49 pm

[quote="steady now steady now"]
Quote :
I think Frank Turner sucks both on recent output and is boring as hell live.

sounds about right. except i'd say i've never been into the u2.
Back to top Go down
Angry Johnny
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Angry Johnny

PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 2:12 am

Amen to you JadedGoober7!

finally someone speaking their mind and not just following the rest.

as for frank turner, ive got some of his stiff and while some of it may be ok, im not really impressed either. couldnt agree more about U2 and Oasis.

i wouldnt mind hearing some other bands get bashed in the meantime....do we always have be all happy go lucky?
Back to top Go down
The Major
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:19 pm

JadedGoober7 wrote:

Amen bro!
I responded in kind to a blatant attempt at trolling DimeStoreSaints style, Everyone on this forum is so nice and thats great (I love muffins too mmmm Apple and Cinnamon) I just really respond badly to smarm.

In fact I'd actually love to see some proper trolls on this to site stir up a bit of controversial debate.

normal dimestore exchange is usually thus;

I like blah blah band

Me too

Cool

I don't

Thats cool

Yeah.

C'mon I'll start...I think Frank Turner sucks both on recent output and is boring as hell live.

Flame on.

PS Mark, the smoke coming out of my nose was Cigarette smoke!

Ha Ha...I go away on holiday and find that your being as cantankerous as ever

...how's things ?...did you go to Against Me the other night...unfortunately I missed it.

For the record
...Frank seems to have gone off the boil
...U2 are still the best live band still doing the rounds at the moment and despite coming across as a bit of an arsewipe Bono still finds time to chat to the fans
...Oasis haven't made a classic album for 16 years

Can't be arsed with muffins

...more importantly what are we all wearing to the shows this summer...I was thinking of tweed shorts and flat cap ...the Little Lord Fauntleroy look is all the rage in my neck of the woods at the moment
Back to top Go down
Clementine
A Contender
A Contender
Clementine

PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:37 am

Angry Johnny wrote:
I personally thought the "fuck you pric" was pretty funny. capital letters always offend me too. still laughing...

me too....ha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those who don't frequent Punk News   For those who don't frequent Punk News - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those who don't frequent Punk News
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2