DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian on defensive in Rocksound

Go down 
+5
Palmer89
steph
simo
Holland
steady now steady now
9 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Brian on defensive in Rocksound Empty
PostSubject: Brian on defensive in Rocksound   Brian on defensive in Rocksound Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:46 am

from http://www.rocksound.tv/news/article/the-gaslight-anthem-defend-venue-upgrade/

The Gaslight Anthem Defend Venue Upgrade

The Gaslight Anthem vocalist Brian Fallon has commented on the idea of intimacy at live shows. Wanna know what he said?

Posted Friday, 2 April 2010

The Gaslight Anthem vocalist Brian Fallon has commented on criticism the band have received after the London show on their UK tour was upgraded to meet fan's demands for tickets.

"People are mad at us for it but we didn’t want a line of people queuing round the venues," the singer remarks. "I never said we are going to play small venues for the rest of our lives so we can keep it intimate with you. I will be intimate with you if I bump into you on the street and you want to talk about something important, but I don’t get it about the intimate venue thing. When I see Clapton I want to see him in a huge venue, I don’t want to see The Clash in my basement. I never got that."

For more on The Gaslight Anthem check out Issue 134 of the magazine, on sale now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: Brian on defensive in Rocksound   Brian on defensive in Rocksound Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Well put, if people want to see a band give them the best opportunity possible , saying we are only going to play small venues would be a bit stupid.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian on defensive in Rocksound   Brian on defensive in Rocksound Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Holland wrote:
Well put, if people want to see a band give them the best opportunity possible , saying we are only going to play small venues would be a bit stupid.

That's fine. The issue that Brian should perhaps have addressed is 'upgrading'. When you buy a ticket, you also take the venue into account, at least when there is a tour on and venues aren't too far apart. Is it fair that fans have to see a band in a venue they would not have chosen to see them in, had they known, but which they now have to seen them in because the band got upgraded to that venue? Adding dates is much fairer in that respect. Or, even better, estimating correctly what size venue will be required.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Brian on defensive in Rocksound   Brian on defensive in Rocksound Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm sure all the fans that got tickets are heartbroken that they're going to see their favorite band in concert.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Brian on defensive in Rocksound   Brian on defensive in Rocksound Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 3:51 pm

i dont really understand why its become such an issue that brian would need to speak out about it. but i do understand the wish to see your favorite band still playing smaller, more intimate shows. i think a lot of people feel that way, especially if you spent your teen years going to lots of small, basement, dive bar punk shows.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Brian on defensive in Rocksound   Brian on defensive in Rocksound Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:55 pm

I understand why Gaslight fans would love to see them in smaller intimate shows. However I doubt any Gaslight fan would actually berate the band for wanting to choose bigger venues and make as much of themselves as they can.

I understand the whole changing benue thing however, adding dates may not have been possible and a sell out so early is bound to leave people dissapointed. Catch 22.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Brian on defensive in Rocksound   Brian on defensive in Rocksound Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:56 pm

yeah, i was hoping everyone would hate this new album and they'd play smaller places again for my own benefit. as it turns out im the one being disappointed with the single so far. lol
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Brian on defensive in Rocksound   Brian on defensive in Rocksound Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:01 pm

i would love to see clapton or the clash in a basement, just for the record
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Brian on defensive in Rocksound   Brian on defensive in Rocksound Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:10 pm

Sure, me too. But I would also have no qualms about seeing The Clash in a monster arena.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Brian on defensive in Rocksound   Brian on defensive in Rocksound Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:23 pm

me either my friend me either
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Brian on defensive in Rocksound   Brian on defensive in Rocksound Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:35 am

I dont get how this has become such an issue. I brought tickets to see them at the forum and thats what I thought I was going to get. I really dislike Brixton as a venue not just because of its size but thats anther matter. I dont berate the fact they want to play to a bigger audience but like someone said add anther date.

I suppose im not to fussed im going with my Girlfriend who gets to see a band she loves for first time (last time the ticket company fucked up and sent her tickets for the wrong venue) and luckily im staying over night cause Brixton is a lot more hassle to get back home from (anther reason I dislike it)
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Brian on defensive in Rocksound   Brian on defensive in Rocksound Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:00 am

simo wrote:
I'm sure all the fans that got tickets are heartbroken that they're going to see their favorite band in concert.

exactly! at the end of the day they're playing live for our benifit. personally i'd have loved the forum just cos i'm not keen on brixton but at least it's not wembly or the 02 arena! yes brixton's not as good a venue & it's not as easy to get home from but it'll still be a ruddy great gig! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian on defensive in Rocksound   Brian on defensive in Rocksound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian on defensive in Rocksound
Page 1 of 1