DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century

Go down 
+3
simo
Daire
steady now steady now
7 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Empty
PostSubject: 'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century   'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:10 am

Q Magazine has a feature on the 'Albums of the Century', as nominated by various artists. Bruce Springsteen's nomination is 'The '59 Sound'. Ok, the century is just a decade old, but still.

'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Century

I am not sure on what basis Q placed it at no.79 though.

http://sideonedummy.com/sideonedummy-represented-well-in-qs-albums-of-the-century

[I have edited the thread title in the light of Simo's comment]

Last edited by steady now steady now on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: 'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century   'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:50 am

Exactly what the guys didn't need....another link to him.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century   'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:13 am

Well when I read the headline, I thought it was a joke that they were saying it was a Springsteen album.

So it's better than what I thought.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: 'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century   'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:03 pm

yeah i think were all sick of hearing the same references...but that has to be flattering nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century   'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:59 pm

Daire wrote:
Exactly what the guys didn't need....another link to him.

If that was so, maybe they should have told their label, as it was SideOneDummy that put out the release which alerted me to this.

I really don't see it doing any harm (though I can understand that they don't want to be asked about Bruce in absolutely every interview).
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: 'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century   'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:24 pm

Yeah, I'm sure the guys hate it that one of their albums was picked by
one of the biggest rock stars in history as his favorite album of the
last 10 years.

'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
mr.since

PostSubject: Re: 'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century   'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Haha. So the Springsteen connection was awesome and inspired people to speculate on what songs the band would cover, etc. And now that the band has said in a couple interviews that it would like to expand its range of influences the bandwagon here starts to pretend any connection to Springsteen at all is terrible? Give me a break.
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: 'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century   'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:34 pm

Well what many people here are annoyed with is that in every single interview they ask about Springsteen never any other of all their influences and so people don't wan't another connection 'cause then the press will have even more Springsteen related things to ask about. I'm a bigger Springsteen fan than gaslight fan but I still hate all those repetetive Springsteen questions.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: 'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century   'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:42 pm

I don't think anyone here is thinking Springsteen is terrible. I just think everyone here wants the band to be recognized for being themselves are not for being "Springsteen influenced."

Although it really does work. I told my dad to listen to The '59 Sound, saying it was kinda like Springsteen, and now he likes it quite a bit. So it's mostly good promotion.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: 'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century   'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:47 pm

ditto what simo said.
and whats with "mr since" here talking about the bandwagon? only one person made a comment that was like "oh great just what they need"
i think we all realize it's a good thing to be compared or likened to springsteen, and to have him hold their album in such high regard. we can agree on that while also finding it ridiculous that every journalist who has ever interviewed the band feels compelled to ask the requisite springsteen question. lazy journalism.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: 'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century   'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 1:46 am

Jay wrote:
last 10 years.

i'm usually annoyed by Bruce being linked to TGA all the time, but i agree 100%. i'm not sure how Bruce Springsteen saying your album is the best of the last 10 years is a negative thing.

i''m not sure how much new music he listens to, though.
Back to top Go down
Jay
A Contender
A Contender
Jay

PostSubject: Re: 'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century   'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 2:22 am

WingsForWheels wrote:
Jay wrote:
last 10 years.

i'm usually annoyed by Bruce being linked to TGA all the time, but i agree 100%. i'm not sure how Bruce Springsteen saying your album is the best of the last 10 years is a negative thing.

i''m not sure how much new music he listens to, though.

I mean, the saying goes "Any press is good press," and you'd think that "Good press is good press" but I guess some people don't see it that way.

Excellent Screen name by the way. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century   'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'The '59 Sound' Springsteen's choice for album of the century
Page 1 of 1