DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charlotte

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Charlotte Empty
PostSubject: Charlotte   Charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:47 pm

I am going to try and be at the Charlotte show in late October, anyone else going? I will be the 6ft 200lb guy in a kilt, come by and say hi
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Charlotte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte   Charlotte Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:35 pm

The Charlotte show was awesome! The crowd was much smaller than the DC show I saw the other day, but they were a much older crowd. Murder By Death were great, I am really becoming a fan of them (they signed two records for me, one signed by the lead singer says "your dad was cool one day" and the one by the female cello player wrote to me daughter saying "if you want to be a rockstar... then be a rockstar!"

TGA was great as always, but I must say they sounded particularly good... maybe the best since the berlin show a few years back. I watched the show from the side of the stage (thanks Ian and Hollie) and danced with my wife.

Overall only the Wurzburg show trumped this one. What a great night!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Charlotte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte   Charlotte Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:12 pm

damn. im really thinking of hitting the east coast shows next tour, they always sound like they just take it up a notch when theyre playing over there. i know the last north carolina show was fun! i think it'd be fun to watch a show from the sidelines once, just cause its different, but i dont think it'd be the same as watching it from the front!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Charlotte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte   Charlotte Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:49 pm

watching from the sides is a different experience... it is cool because not everyone can do it... however of the billion times I have seen them I have only watched from the side/onstage twice... once was at the Area4 Festival in Germany and that was just because the crowd was massive and I would not have been able to get close... in Charlotte I watched from the side because my wife was with me.

So, honestly, I prefer to watch from the crowd, that is where the energy is.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Charlotte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte   Charlotte Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:28 am

yeah i could see maybe it being worth it to be on the sides/stage for a huge festival where you wouldn't otherwise be able to get close. didn't you say you watched by the stage at the last show in NC where i met you?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

Charlotte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte   Charlotte Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:42 am

oh yeah, I forgot about that one... we watched most of the show from the side but that was because my wife was with me there too.

Infact in the last 20 months (that's how old Monk-o-tron is) my wife and I have only gone out twice without her... both times to see TGA!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Charlotte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte   Charlotte Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:42 pm

haha, well at least it was a good reason to leave the kid at home! only twice in two months is not much at all!
you gotta get your wife to enjoy the view from the crowd once in awhile! the crowds at gaslight shows tend to be a little better than normal. i mean, they can still go crazy, but most of the shows ive been to, they tend to be a bit nicer to everyone else in the crowd than most.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Charlotte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlotte   Charlotte Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlotte
Page 1 of 1