DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People

Go down 
+5
Forum Owner
e7c
kieran
lynchyeatspizza
JoshRaymond
9 posters

What did you think of JR's mix?
Five Stars! Every track was awesome!
6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Vote_lcap25%6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Four Stars! I am going to check out a few of these bands
6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Vote_lcap50%6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Three Stars.. atleast there was one band I want to check out
6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Vote_lcap25%6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Two stars... not bad to listen to, nothing I want to get into though
6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Vote_lcap0%6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
one star. bleh. not my style
6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Vote_lcap0%6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Empty
PostSubject: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:18 am

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gzdwaz5zzw0

1. Sunday Morning - The Menzingers
2. Suture Self - The Loved Ones
3. Velocity Of Love - World Inferno Friendship Society
4. Panama - The Cat Empire
5. Bike Test 1 2 3 - Bomb The Music Industry
6. Give - The Suicide Machines
7. I'm Glad I'm Alive - No Torso
8. Same To You - Chris Wollard & the Ship Thieves
9. Fell In Love With A Girl - The White Stripes
10. Why Did We Ever Meet? - The Promise Ring
11. Lessons Learned - Matt and Kim
12. Dont Think Twice Its All Right - Bob Dylan
13. The Side Of The Decided - Fake Problems
14. Get Rythem - Johnny Cash
15. Of Chivalry And Romance In A Dumpster - This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb
16. Joe Grind - The Aggrolites
17. Weaug Teaug Peaug (The Powder of Life) - The Flaming Tsunamis
18. I Aint Got No Home - Woody Guthrie
19. Flight Of The Taco Monster - Stuck Lucky
20. blahblahblahfuckyoublahblahbla - The Ergs
21. Love To See You - Paul Baribeau
22. Money - Ryan Scroggins and the Trenchtown Texans

I basically just put together a bunch of songs that make me happy and threw it together for this. It was a little challenging because a lot of us listen to the same bands but i tried my best, enjoy.
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:50 am

LOOKS GOOD! Starting the download now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:15 am

You horrible man I was gonna stick some Ship Thieves on my mix same song to :p

Looks good though will check this soon.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:55 am

there are few of you out there that have mixtapes that I have really been anticipating... this is one of them! I can't wait to go home and download this!
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 am

Cool! DOn't know many of these bands, should be interesting!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:41 am

Never heard of Chris Wollard & The Ship Thieves, but that song "Same To You" is fantastic! Definitely my favorite off this mix. Gotta look up more of that stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:48 am

yeah, they're great. nice, laid back, slightly country. it works. if you don't know who Chris Wollard is, he is a singer and guitarist in Hot Water Music and The Draft, and he appears at the end of "Film Noir" singing the "Time, time, ticking away" part
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:51 am

Huh, that makes sense. I always figured it was one of the other guys singing backing vocals in Film Noir, but it ain't! Thx
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:22 am

i can send the album if you want it
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:04 am

JR, sorry I haven't gotten to listen to your mix yet, weird work week and then I went to the beach with my wife and kid for 3 days, so I just haven't had the chance yet
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:36 am

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
yeah, they're great. nice, laid back, slightly country. it works. if you don't know who Chris Wollard is, he is a singer and guitarist in Hot Water Music and The Draft, and he appears at the end of "Film Noir" singing the "Time, time, ticking away" part

I thought that was Dicky Barrett on Film Noir

I think it's Wollard on Meet Me By The Rivers Edge singing Sally said, Sally said
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:52 am

no, Dicky's on The Patient Ferris Wheel, Chris is on Film. there are a few other guest vocals we haven't placed yet, like Joe Sirois, formerly of the Bosstones and Street Dogs. maybe that's him on River's Edge
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Just finished listening to this mix-tape today, man, i love it! great variety and a few bands i really want to check out:

* The Menzingers
* Chris Wollard & The Ship Thieves
* Stuck Lucky

Great job and thanks!

kropo
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 7:44 am

4. Panama - The Cat Empire

Who else hears the beatles in this song? It's almost overwhelming! This could be from Sgt Peppers - like, totally!

11. Lessons Learned - Matt and Kim

This is a really great song - I love the intro, the synths, and the lyrics as well - I STAYED UP ALL NIGHT ...

12. Dont Think Twice Its All Right - Bob Dylan

Great song too! Follows nicely!

21. Love To See You - Paul Baribeau

You should definately listen to some MySpace friends of mine, THE FLIPSIDE OF OVERDRIVE - I always forget to put them on my mixes, very awesome, very similar.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:31 pm

Josh, I enjoyed the mix!

I especially liked the first two tracks, Dylan (obviously), Cat Empire and Woodie Guthrie.

I definitely want to hear more from The Menzingers and The Loved Ones. I'm seeing the Loved Ones with Gaslight soon so hopefully I'll be well versed in 'em by then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:16 am

Sorry this write ups only brief, and a bit late, i've been pretty busy with school and sport. (State Cross Country Championships this morning and then basketball this arvo already :S )

1. Sunday Morning - The Menzingers - I love the guitar in the intro but after 30 seconds the song drops off. His voice is good, but i dont love the song.

2. Suture Self - The Loved Ones - Awesome track. I love this album also. The Loved Ones are awesome!

3. Velocity Of Love - World Inferno Friendship Society - THis song was a suprise, after the first two tracks I was expecting lots of rock and distortion. I really liked this song, in time I will check this band out.

4. Panama - The Cat Empire - I've been meaning to get into these guys and you just gave me a perfectly good reason to look into them. There from Australia aswell! Thanks! "I love things that seem impossible" - Such an amazing line!

5. Bike Test 1 2 3 - Bomb The Music Industry - I could never really get into BTMI! This songs alright but nothing special really.

6. Give - The Suicide Machines - I've had this song on my iTunes for years, but I hadn't listened to it for ages. It got lost when i transferred my music collection between computers and has been sitting without a rating or playcount. I heard it, immediatly recognised it, and now i've dug this band up! I love this song!

7. I'm Glad I'm Alive - No Torso - Alright, I dont love it and I probably won't check this band out. Unless, there's a punk or ska version of this song. I realised in itunes it says (Raggae Version). Is there another version of this song?

8. Same To You - Chris Wollard & the Ship Thieves - I really enjoyed this song. Good last song to listen to before going to sleep. I'm going to check Chris Wollard out.

9. Fell In Love With A Girl - The White Stripes - Awesome old song, and my favourite by the white stripes!

10. Why Did We Ever Meet? - The Promise Ring - I like this song, maybe enough to check this band out. The guitar is awesome Smile

11. Lessons Learned - Matt and Kim - I heard this song and immediatly downloaded the album this was on. With the deep synth it reminds me of Dancing Choose by TV on the Radio. You should check those guys out!

12. Dont Think Twice Its All Right - Bob Dylan - Nice song by Dylan, I love the lyrics.

13. The Side Of The Decided - Fake Problems - I really liked this song, second highest playcount from your mix, behind Lessons learned. I will look intop these guys.

14. Get Rythem - Johnny Cash - Don't have much to say about this one. Typically Johnny Cash. Its awesome.

15. Of Chivalry And Romance In A Dumpster - This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb - I'd heard of these guys, and read about them and how people stick there stickers on their bikes and streets have been blocked off becuase of a bomb threat, but i hadnt actually had a listen to them. I like this song, and the instrument (synth is it?) at 1 minute.

16. Joe Grind - The Aggrolites - Already had this song, I used to listen to the Aggrolites when i went throught a Ska phase 12 months ago. They are great Smile

17. Weaug Teaug Peaug (The Powder of Life) - The Flaming Tsunamis - A good song, i enjoyed it. It's very good raggae/ska Smile

18. I Aint Got No Home - Woody Guthrie - Alright song. I'd heard alot about this guy, but never really heard much by him. Good song to start off.

19. Flight Of The Taco Monster - Stuck Lucky - Good song, I hadn't heard of this band. Are they well known? It's a dark sort of song, sounds sort of evil. I like it Smile

20. blahblahblahfuckyoublahblahbla - The Ergs - The first 30 seconds are amazing, and the rest of the song stays just as good! I love the chorus. Although it's not the best quality recording (im guessing there not a very well known band? tight budget?) I'll check this band out!

21. Love To See You - Paul Baribeau - Another good song by Paul Baribeau. I heard of him from Jukebox's Mix. I like it:)

22. Money - Ryan Scroggins and the Trenchtown Texans - Don't really like this song much. I don't like the organ thing in the background. It annoys me. Although I do like the vocalists voice.

A great mixtape. Thanks JR. Broadened my music horizons Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People   6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6/29-7/5 Good Music For Good People
Page 1 of 1