DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vinyl Saturday

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mescalero
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mescalero

Vinyl Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Vinyl Saturday   Vinyl Saturday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:52 am

So I'm friends w/ Waterloo Records (in my opinion, the best record store in Austin) on myspace (I know it's lame, whatever), and they posted a bulletin saying that they were releasing some exclusive 7" records from a few bands on 6/20. I went after work and picked up Wilco's "You Never Know", which is prety cool.

I went back home and found out that the people that put on "Record Store Day" (when tGA released "Live At Park Ave.") are going to be having something called "Vinyl Saturday". From what I can see, it looks like it's going to be a once a month "unveiling of limited special vinyl pieces", trying to get people back into record stores.

Anyways, if this really does turn into something that is being done monthly, I just thought that it'd be something that my fellow music lovers on the board would appreciate hearing about, if you didn't know about it already.

By the way, Lou's Records in Encinitas, CA wins for my favorite record store of all time, just for the record.
Back to top Go down
Refused
A Contender
A Contender
Refused

Vinyl Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Saturday   Vinyl Saturday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:51 am

Seems like a pretty awesome idea, but frustrating for people like me with no decent record stores near by! I missed out on loads of good stuff on Record Store Day.
Back to top Go down
http://acriddissonance.wordpress.com
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

Vinyl Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Saturday   Vinyl Saturday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:45 am

Refused wrote:
Seems like a pretty awesome idea, but frustrating for people like me with no decent record stores near by! I missed out on loads of good stuff on Record Store Day.

Same you have to be in the big cities for the really good stuff.

I have only just started collecting if you dont mind me asking where do you get yours online and instore? If so what stores?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vinyl Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vinyl Saturday   Vinyl Saturday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinyl Saturday
Page 1 of 1