DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Empty
PostSubject: Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]   Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:34 pm

Apparantly TGA are playing a festival in Norwich later this year, but I can't find anything online. Help!

[edit: since identified tentatively as the Latitute festival]

Last edited by steady now steady now on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

PostSubject: Re: Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]   Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:50 pm

Can't find anything either, where did you hear it from?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]   Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:02 pm

From someone at the gig in London. Maybe I misheard.
Back to top Go down
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

PostSubject: Re: Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]   Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Or it's just not been announced yet? Guess it's one to wait and see if anything comes up. Can't find anything about a Norwich festival later in the year though..
Back to top Go down
kristi_atl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kristi_atl

PostSubject: Re: Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]   Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:21 pm

later in the year or in the summer? i'm going to be in norwich in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
kristi_atl
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
kristi_atl

PostSubject: Re: Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]   Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:57 pm

just figured out it's the Latitude Festival. i'm gonna try my best to make it!
Back to top Go down
samuelhw
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]   Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:57 am

Latitude? It's in Southwold, on the Suffolk coast about an hour from Norwich. Gorgeous festival, was there last year and they had Elbow, Sigur Ros, Interpol and Blondie all playing, along with an incredible comedy line up. Not such a strong line up this year and I haven't heard anything about TGA playing it. It's sold out as it's a tiny festival compared to the other biggies in the UK (about a 5th the size of Reading/Leeds and T In The Park, and it would fit into Glastonbury several times) but it's awesome, if you get the chance you should go. Music, comedy, drama, poetry, debates... it's like a mini Glastonbury. Except cooler.
Back to top Go down
samuelhw
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]   Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:01 am

If you want info on the line up, here's some of the bands playing: -

Regina Spektor
Bat For Lashes
The Airborne Toxic Event
Ladyhawke
Of Montreal
Passion Pit
Little Boots
Editors
Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds
Doves
White Lies
Newton Faulkner
Thom Yorke
Lykke Li

and there's a load of cool unsigned/up and coming bands on the bill. Check out The Temper Trap, White Belt Yellow Tag, Skint And Demoralised
Back to top Go down
samuelhw
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]   Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:04 am

In luck! It hasn't sold out, so if you're interested head along!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]   Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:47 am

The Gaslight Anthem are playing on Sunday, 19 July, in the Obelisk Arena. The line up for that day and arena is:

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Editors
Phoenix
The Gaslight Anthem
The Rumble Strips
Lisa Hannigan
Wild Beasts
Sound Of Guns
~ Thom Yorke ~

www.latitudefestival.co.uk/lineup/index.aspx

Day tickets are available:

www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?artist=LATITUDE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]   Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:01 pm

£60 for a day ticket is too steep for me, especially as none of the other band appeal to me and I would have to put a train fare on top of it. Makes me wish I was going to see them in Hyde Park...
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]   Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:05 am

I thought I'f follow this up, if only for the record.

Here are some photos of their gig:

www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/latitude/2009/photos-GaslightAnthem-Latitude2009-CSM.shtml

And here's a good review from www.buzzinmusicblog.co.uk/latitude-festival-%E2%80%93-thom-yorke-gaslight-anthem-saint-etienne-magazine/1515

Gaslight Anthem - Obelisk (main stage) Arena

I spent much of Sunday afternoon taking in non-music attractions but had earmarked Gaslight Anthem as soon as I had received the weekend’s timetable, after seeing their performance at this year’s Glastonbury. I was hoping for another big performance from the Springsteen-lovers from New Jersey.
For whatever reason it was a shame to see the main arena was only half full when Gaslight Anthem started their late afternoon set. But as their garage rock anthems began it was like the Pied Piper calling. The main arena was soon pretty full with a mix of fans and the uninitiated. But everyone was dancing and enjoying one of the best live bands around. There was even a small, excited mosh-pit formed in front of the stage, while to the sides families had young kids on their shoulders.
A couple of songs in and the place erupted with the opening guitar strumming of the wonderful ’59 Sound, the title track from their current album; a perfect song for a perfect summer festival, echoing a blend of early Clash and Bruce Springsteen, nice!
Simple songs about cars and girls, the Gaslight Anthem sound is both garage and stadium rock. Whatever side of the fence you walk, they make for a great live experience. Good clean old fashioned rock n roll, but no cussing to be heard from these tattooed lover boys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]   Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latitute festival 19 July 09 [was: Norwich festival?]
Page 1 of 1