DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

here's my quick intro...

Go down 
+2
Forum Owner
TGAFAN25
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

here's my quick intro... Empty
PostSubject: here's my quick intro...   here's my quick intro... Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:24 am

so im a huge goo goo dolls fan. (yea yea yea everyone starts throwing tomatoes....) go listen to superstar car wash or hold me up, come back and tell me they're soft...

through goo goo dolls i became a huge replacements/paul westerberg fan

through mats/pw, i found gaslight's cover of "Left of The Dial" on a mats' fan board site.

needless to say brian's got an incredible voice that's eerily similar to westerberg/rzeznik's....

i love the way all three deliver their lines and sing....

all three are great lyricists and very similar in the themes throughout their songs... (albeit goo goo dolls music is pretty weak now.... i wish they still had a pair and played loud rock like on the two albums i mentioned above....)

really glad to have found gaslight i cant stop listening now...
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: here's my quick intro...   here's my quick intro... Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:29 am

don't worry dude! i remember listening to the New York Dolls! welcome! I'll have to check out those albums!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: here's my quick intro...   here's my quick intro... Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:50 pm

welcome to the board man. can't say i know much about Goo Goo Dolls, but it's cool how Gaslight fans are big fans of a wide variety of bands, not just punk bands. i think that's the first mention of Goo Goo Dolls on this board
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: here's my quick intro...   here's my quick intro... Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:08 pm

welcome!

i always kind of secretly liked the "robby songs" more than the "johnny songs"
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: here's my quick intro...   here's my quick intro... Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:30 pm

yeah, do not worry about liking the Goo Goo dolls here... like Kropo said TGA fans seem to come from all different musical backgrounds.

I hope you like this forum and eventually decide to do a mixtape for us.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: here's my quick intro...   here's my quick intro... Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:07 pm

oh man i love "a boy named goo," wish they still sounded like that...driving around and rockin out to that in my car helps me get out my frustration, haha
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: here's my quick intro...   here's my quick intro... Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:01 pm

haha thanks for all the GGD support guys!

im looking forward to spending some time on this board and learning about some more bands and more about GA!

some of robby's stuff is pretty good, others of it sounds like nails on the chalkboard to me...

ABNG is a great album!! I love his lyrics on that one.... Flat Top is one of my favorite songs off of it!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: here's my quick intro...   here's my quick intro... Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:17 pm

have you checked out the Mix Tapes section yet? It really is an awesome place to learn about new music... and as time goes on and more lists go up it will just keep getting better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: here's my quick intro...   here's my quick intro... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

here's my quick intro...
Page 1 of 1