DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Question

Go down 
+2
NeverTrustAJunkie
Boy From Little Eden
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Boy From Little Eden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Quick Question  Empty
PostSubject: Quick Question    Quick Question  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 3:19 am

I know this is a personal question & things along those lines shall not be discussed among the members of this form, I am just very curious....

How much would you say Brian Fallon & the other band members are pulling in a year money wise, I support the band any way I can, tickets...Merch...Itunes... Are they at the point where they are living not just comfortably but beyond that?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Quick Question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question    Quick Question  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 3:25 am

http://www.altpress.com/contributors/entry/veteran_artist_manager_mike_kaminsky_on_the_revenue_model_of_artists

Maybe this will help
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

Quick Question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question    Quick Question  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 10:41 am

I remember vaguely in interview with the Black Keys talking about selling out or whatever, anyways they mentioned how they turned down £200,000 so their song wouldn't be used in a mayo commercial even though they had no money at the time.  I'm sure Gaslight made a nice chunk when Casanova Baby was used by USPS since it was a deal through S1D and not Mercury.  Also they probably do really well with merch sales since it seems like they constantly release new shirts/posters.

Relatively speaking, Coachella is probably the largest festival that they played this year.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2013/04/economics_of_music_festivals.php?page=2

"There are only so many big-name acts to anchor a big festival, and they earn good money. While the lowest-rung act at Coachella made $15,000 in 2010, headliners can command seven figures. It's turned into a nice living for some acts."  

Honestly, If i were to guess I'd guess that Brian and them make comfortable 6 figure salaries.  I'd ball park they make probably 25-50k/show which is a pretty conservative estimate. Also keep in mind that they have to pay a bunch of costs associated with the shows as well and there are probably other people who get a percentage of it as well.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

Quick Question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question    Quick Question  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:13 am

Very good read that article NeverTrustAJunkie! enjoyed reading that. Im sure they must do pretty well for themselves or they wouldn't have quit the day jobs!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

Quick Question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question    Quick Question  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 10:15 pm

i wonder what they pulled in from having "45" in NHL 13.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

Quick Question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question    Quick Question  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 10:30 pm

MKULTRA wrote:
i wonder what they pulled in from having "45" in NHL 13.
Out of curiosity I googled video game music licensing fees and it really doesn't sound like there is tons of money there.   One article quoted around $1000-2000 for 100,000 games sold.  Complete anecdotal evidence on my part, but I assume since games like Rock Band/Guitar Hero existed at one point and the developers could pay any royalties to create Van Halen/Metallica/Beatles themed games that it is relatively affordable.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Quick Question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question    Quick Question  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:06 am

I really have no idea on this and I don't want to speculate off very little info, but something to consider is that, while they might bring in 6 figures from like July of 2012 to now (while they were touring almost non-stop), if they then take from October 2013 to lets say July 2014 off from touring, that's almost a full year without much income, since touring is where most (if not nearly all) their income would come from. So they could make a lot in one year, but then have to save like half of it, to support them in the in between months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quick Question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Question    Quick Question  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick Question
Page 1 of 1