DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Mixtape Club Thing

Go down 
+7
Chris
Asleepontheforestfloor
stupendoussven
JoshRaymond
kieran
e7c
lynchyeatspizza
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

New Mixtape Club Thing Empty
PostSubject: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:20 am

They did this thing a few months back, and i reckon its time for another one.
Make a mixtape, chuck it into a zip file and upload it.
We'll assign each person who wants to do it another person to send their mixtape to.
Try to use relatively unknown music, or music from your hometown or country (if your an aussie like me).

If you're interested, tell us and we'll get these mixtapes going.

Who's In?
Please respect the following guidelines for the project:(Oh and i stole KropO's Guidelines)

• Get your cd's out within a reasonable time
  • Post replies about your cd and what you think of it
  • When you send your CD, post your tracklist and discuss why you have included the bands that you have on it.<LI>No Vanilla Ice tracks please ;-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:59 pm

I think its a good idea, but doing it with zip files will probably encourage participation more so than if people have to start burning and mailing CDs.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:35 pm

actually I have an idea to take this in a slightly different direction.

Instead of us all getting making mix tapes, how about one person does a mixtape each week, uploads it and then we all download it and talk about it for the week?
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:49 pm

I like that idea a lot more than doing anther batch of mix tapes there was hardly any discussion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:50 pm

e7c wrote:

Instead of us all getting making mix tapes, how about one person does a mixtape each week, uploads it and then we all download it and talk about it for the week?

That sounds like a better idea actually, and would give the venture a bit of consistency instead of receiving randoms mixes haphazardly now and again.
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:13 pm

e7c wrote:

i like this your a smart man my friend
Back to top Go down
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:58 pm

e7c wrote:

this sounds awesome. I would love to be a part of this when my internet connection becomes more stable.

oh and no rick rolls plz kthx dewds
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:03 pm

This sounds pretty rad, this way I can find more bands!
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:27 am

e7c wrote:

Yeh that sounds great actually. I'm not sure really how we should organise it? Probably get a list of poeple who are in, assign them a week and then each Monday someone uploads there mixtape.Who's In?
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:35 am

of course I am in... who goes first? my vote is for lynch
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:12 pm

i second that
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:19 pm

yeah alright, i'll have it up asap, probably within the week.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Ok. This is going to be rad!
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Im in for sure.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:07 pm

lynch do you think you can be ready to go by sunday or monday?
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:48 am

i'll have it uploaded on monday (tomorrow), and cos i'm from Australia it should be up early in the morning in the US where most of you are from. I've got all the tracks selected and just need to add some notes and zip it. I'll do that and then upload it tomorrow (monday). And then we'll choose someone to do it next week and they can upload theres next Monday. So we have new mixtape each week.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:50 pm

would like to join,too. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 6:21 pm

I would be in but I've got a lot on my plate at the minute, so if its Ok in the future when I've got some free time I'll let you guys know and take my turn then?
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:22 pm

I wouldn't be able to up one for a while coz I've got exams and shit. But I'll defo tae anything you guys whack up here, give it a spin, and post some stuff on what I think of it.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:39 pm

i'm in
Back to top Go down
Forum Owner
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Forum Owner

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:05 am

I'm in as well! I really enjoyed Keiran's tape - it introduced me to a lot of different music - stuff I have never heard. If you all want - I could go first? Just give me a few days to make the tape! Guarenteed to have some middle eastern stuff on there! Something new anyway!
Back to top Go down
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: The First Mixtape - lynchyeatspizza   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:15 am

G'day everyone,
Here is the first mixtape.
There's a text file in their with the songs with song information.
I hope you all love it and please reply and tell me the songs you loved or hated Smile
Have fun listening.
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mz2mmjn0ihj/Dimestore Saints Mixtape.zip
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:44 am

I made a new forum area just for the Mix Tapes... it is under The Board section (the same area where the introduce yourself thread is). I can not wait to hear Lynch's tape!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:36 pm

my internet provider has a download limit so i have till wait till tonight until i can download it but i cant wait
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:39 pm

Typing this while watching the download. Should be good, I'm looking forward to hearing stuff I've never heard before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Mixtape Club Thing   New Mixtape Club Thing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Mixtape Club Thing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next