DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another introduction...

Go down 
+4
JoshRaymond
Daire
ktp
GrahamSmith
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GrahamSmith
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Another introduction... Empty
PostSubject: Another introduction...   Another introduction... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi there,

Quick message to introduce myself....my name is Graham Smith, based in Northern Ireland but I spent most of my life touring around for work (I work as a full time music photographer and tour manager - www.grahamsmithphotography.com).

I came across Gaslight after the Kerrang article and I bought both albums not long after. I did like them but to be honest they didn't immediately blow me away. It was only after Frank Turner (my favorite artist) toured with them that I really gave them a a chance and now I absolutely love the band and listen to them on a daily basis, collect all the bootlegs etc.

I have been lurking here for a good while but decided to finally sign up. Thanks for reading Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.grahamsmithphotography.com

PostSubject: Re: Another introduction...   Another introduction... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Hello, welcome to the boards. You have a sweet job, and the pictures (especially of Frank Turner- who I discovered through Gaslight-) on your website are awesome.
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: Another introduction...   Another introduction... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:58 pm

wow is all i can say to the frank turner photos! Smile hi by the way!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Another introduction...   Another introduction... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:27 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Although, ROI > NI
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Another introduction...   Another introduction... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:33 pm

thats a fucking sweet job, how long have you been doing that?

And of course Welcome
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Another introduction...   Another introduction... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:22 pm

hey man, thanks for signing up. welcome
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Another introduction...   Another introduction... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:21 pm

hey man, i saw on your myspace that your 3 favorite artists are Turner, TGA, and Silversun Pickups. i'm huge fans of the first two but haven't really heard anything by SSPU except Lazy Eye. gimme some songs of theirs i should listen to first, i'm intrigued
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Another introduction...   Another introduction... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:50 pm

Welcome to the forums!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Another introduction...   Another introduction... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:55 pm

Hey there!

Sweet pictures especially the as I watch you... shots. Excellent band who I hope to see more of soon. They played in Plymouth months ago and it was excellent just wish there was a bigger crowd.

I have done a fair bit of concert photography on and off paid and unpaid and your stuff really does blow most out of the water there is something about them that is quite distinct and different which is unusual in music shots.

Anyway have fun posting here and what not!
Back to top Go down
tigrr13
A Contender
A Contender
tigrr13

PostSubject: Re: Another introduction...   Another introduction... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:55 pm

hey graham... just checked out your website... amazing!!!
and thank you for reminding me how awesome danny clinch is... just went and checked out his website too
Back to top Go down
GrahamSmith
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Another introduction...   Another introduction... Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:57 am

Thanks for all the comments, very kind.

As for Silversun Pickups, I don't actually know anybody else who likes them other than me. They (obviously) sound very different to Gaslight and Frank Turner but their is just something about them which grabs me.

A few tracks I would recommend -

There's No Secrets This Year
It's Nice To Know You Work Alone
Panic Switch
Substitution
Well Thought Out Twinkles
Little Lover's So Polite

They are not a very immediate band, definitely takes a good few listens to really sink in, but in my opinion anyway they are definitely worth it.

As for Danny Clinch, I would definitely not be doing what I do now without him. I had a beer with him a few months ago and I can sincerely say he is pretty much the only photographer I have ever fully connected with. Friendly, down to earth yet very determined and stubborn to do things his own way. When one of his opening line was "I generally hate photographers, they are usually complete dicks" I knew I would get on well with him Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.grahamsmithphotography.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another introduction...   Another introduction... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another introduction...
Page 1 of 1