DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony

Go down 
+9
I Came To Dance
Asleepontheforestfloor
LBAZ
GrahamSmith
Jukebox Romeo
Pip
surfNJ
Vibes
ral
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:07 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
yeah, what do you do with .flac files, playing-wise? i just got the Cleveland boot, but idk what to do with it

this should help http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation_tasks.html

i use winamp
Back to top Go down
surfNJ
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
surfNJ

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:27 pm

If you have a Mac...http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/07/15/how-to-convert-flac-files-to-mp3-using-os-x/
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:00 am

VLC is better than winamp.

Foobar2000 is prolly the best though.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:49 am

i just converted them to mp3. thanks though. i was just wondering if there was a way i could play it as a flac file, 'cause aren't those a lot better quality?
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:02 am

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
i just converted them to mp3. thanks though. i was just wondering if there was a way i could play it as a flac file, 'cause aren't those a lot better quality?

yes, the flac files will be better quality than any mp3s you made from them.

as for playing them, did you check the link out i posted above? it gives several options for both windows and mac.
Back to top Go down
surfNJ
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
surfNJ

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:34 am

I'm about half way through listening right now...this recording is great quality even converted to mp3. I feel like they played more songs Fri night, does anyone have a setlist or recording from the Sat 5/9 show?

Also, is it just me or does Brian sound kinda grumpy? Maybe it's just the way it comes across on the recording, I wasn't there so I don't know...but there's not too much interaction with the crowd except for the part before here's looking at you kid. And what's the deal with everyone talking!?!
Back to top Go down
I Came To Dance
A Contender
A Contender
I Came To Dance

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Can anybody post a link to the mp3s?
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:59 pm

There videos popping up on Youtube now. Just search 'The Gaslight Anthem Stone Pony'.
However the audio really does nothing to capture their live performance. It makes the show seem boring really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:53 pm

MP3s or suchlike on mediafire or rapidshare would be great, if anyone has ability to do this.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:44 pm

yeah, showing me that site was definitely a mistake. there are like 30 boots from The Clash, a Frank Turner boot, Ben Nichols, a bunch of Social D...i'm gonna be busy for awhile

and to bring this back on topic, is "Ain't Nobody That Can Sing Like Me" the same thing as "Red At Night"? seems like it. confirm/deny?
Back to top Go down
surfNJ
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
surfNJ

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Here are the mp3s
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6bdbb98d07e014f4c2b435915e8821d7e04e75f6e8ebb871
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:46 pm

Dang! I just converted this!

SurfNJ: is this just the flac converted mp3?
Back to top Go down
surfNJ
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
surfNJ

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:45 pm

Yup
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:11 am

What program did you use?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:22 am

Downloading now. Sweet. Thanks a lot.

Edit: Got it now. Given High Lonesome a quick listen and sounds very promising. Will listen to it all later. Sounds promising. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
surfNJ
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
surfNJ

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:49 am

surfNJ wrote:
If you have a Mac...http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/07/15/how-to-convert-flac-files-to-mp3-using-os-x/

I posted a link above on how to do it if you have a Mac. Or just Google Conver flac to mp3 and a bunch of converters came up. If you have a Mac download the software in the link (free) and convert to a wav file. Then put the wavs into iTunes and convert to mp3 or just import them as mp3 in iTunes.
Back to top Go down
ACA

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:44 pm

any luck with the second night setlist?
Back to top Go down
Sissy Hankshaw
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Sissy Hankshaw

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:15 pm

Just downloaded this set. So good, such a fun show (minus the screaming fool). This version of Angry Johnny and the Radio is great, gives me the chills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:17 am

Can anyone tell me where the words Brian sings in Angry Johnny before the last bit is from? Goes something like 'I know I've got to find, some kind of piece of mind'... is it from a different song or did he just make it up?
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:06 am

Tomaldo wrote:
Can anyone tell me where the words Brian sings in Angry Johnny before the last bit is from? Goes something like 'I know I've got to find, some kind of piece of mind'... is it from a different song or did he just make it up?
It's What Becomes of the Broken Hearted by Jimmy Ruffin. An old soul song from the 60's.
Sometimes Brian also sings a bit of Downtown Train by Tom Waits "downtown train is full, of all these Brooklyn girls" before he sings What Becomes of the Broken Hearted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:08 am

lynchyeatspizza wrote:
Tomaldo wrote:
It's What Becomes of the Broken Hearted by Jimmy Ruffin. An old soul song from the 60's.
Sometimes Brian also sings a bit of Downtown Train by Tom Waits "downtown train is full, of all these Brooklyn girls" before he sings What Becomes of the Broken Hearted.

Thanks for that. I think Brian singing it sounds really good.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:21 am

Tomaldo wrote:

he also tagged it with the clash's straight to hell at the recher theater show on 5/7/09. such a great closer.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:25 pm

That's what that was?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:44 pm

yeah, just the first verse + chorus during the breakdown part.
Back to top Go down
bphawk80
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:54 pm

BrianD

You have to get an account in order to post links. I had that same problem earlier today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony   5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5/8 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next