DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stone Pony/Asbury Park question

Go down 
+5
eddiecash
colmillionaire
B701
swampdevil
prufrock
9 posters
AuthorMessage
prufrock
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Empty
PostSubject: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:27 am

Hey guys,

First post here, I figured this would be a good place to ask. I'm heading up to Asbury Park for the Stone Pony show on August 5th with some friends and I was wondering exactly what the parking situation is up in Asbury Park. I've never been and I don't want a parking mishap to sour my experience up there. Any parking recommendations or advice would be much appreciated. I'll hopefully bump into some of you up there in a couple weeks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:02 am

this post has nothing to do with your question but nice username
Back to top Go down
swampdevil
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
swampdevil

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:36 am

Just outside the stone pony are a couple hundred metered spots. There is a lot next to that w/ a couple hundred more.(heading towards the wonder bar). At the other end of the block accross the street from the Empress hotel is a lot with $10 all day parking. Since its a weekday that will help ease things. My advice.......get there early,soak up the scene on the boardwalk,play some pinball at the silverball museum, grab something to eat then head across to the pony. Gonna be a blast.
Back to top Go down
B701
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:00 pm

I wouldn't worry about the parking, there are plenty of spots along Ocean Ave. If need be, you can also park up by the Convention Center, and then it's a short walk to the Stone Pony area.
Back to top Go down
prufrock
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Thanks guys, you've all been a lot of help. Especially oldgospelchoir, who gave me the confidence that 'prufrock' was a step in the right direction.

Can't wait for the show, hope to see you guys up there!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:23 pm

they mostly don't check the meters either. i've never paid for parking when going to asbury.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
eddiecash
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
eddiecash

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:53 am

colmillionaire wrote:
i've never paid for parking when going to asbury.

this includes the pony, the saint, asbury lanes, the fastlanes, warped tour, convention hall... never in 17 years.
Back to top Go down
http://livemusicfile.blogspot.com/
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:01 pm

Question about Asbury Lanes-

Are the shows there ticketed or do you just show up?

Wow this thread was from before that magical Stone Pony show. Memories... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:07 pm

plenty of parking all over the area, both metered or unmetered, shouldn't be much of a problem, and they NEVER check the meters
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:11 pm

Hey Lorraine, if you're referring to the Tim Barry show you can most likely just get tickets at the door. Every time I die is playing there and that sold out super quick. Just depends on the band I guess. Can't believe world inferno hasn't sold out yet...that's pretty insane to me. But have fun if ya go!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Oh I meant the actual concerts- do you buy tickets or it's just treated like a regular bar where you just walk in and see the show.

Is the Wonder Bar lot free all the time?

Yeah- Tim Barry is the one I'm interested in. I don't see any ticket links on his site so I was wondering what was up. I would hate to drive down and then not get in. Of course I think every show I'm going to is as hot as a Bruce Springsteen club show even if it's a local band, so I'm a bit paranoid.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:23 pm

I bought my world inferno tickets on ticketweb. The tim barry tix are either on ticketweb or they are on the chunksaah website. And you can usually just park right in front of the lanes no problem, not sure about the wonder bar lot.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Hm don't see tickets listed anywhere- on his site, the Lanes or Ticketweb. I shall research this further by calling the Lanes I guess. Thanks though Smile
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:40 pm

http://www.chunksaah.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=121

There ya go, chunksaah website
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Oh lol! Duh. I slept awful and that's clearly showing right now.

Thanks (again)!
Back to top Go down
kissthebottle
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 8:18 pm

So funny, I was the manager of those parking during that time (as well as the splash park and mini golf course on the boardwalk) and got to see this show for free. I woulda hooked everyone up with free parking!!
Back to top Go down
mercyandaminute
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:47 pm

Haha I remember I was super unlucky and a got a $30 parking ticket when I went to this show two years ago!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stone Pony/Asbury Park question   Stone Pony/Asbury Park question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stone Pony/Asbury Park question
Page 1 of 1