DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

State Radio

Go down 
+2
Stalls_Standing
Jukebox Romeo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

State Radio Empty
PostSubject: State Radio   State Radio Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:02 am

okay, I'm making this thread because i just caught a free show of theirs at FlashFest at KSU tonight (KSUpilot, were you there? i was). this is one of the most amazing bands i've ever heard in my life. not like "oh that song's really catchy" amazing, but like "holy hell that's a deep song". "Us Against the Crown" remains one of the best albums i've ever heard, after years of relapsing hard every once in a while and listening to it for a week straight

i never really got into their second album past Gang of Thieves, but hearing those songs live made me realize how amazing they are as well. new album coming out later this year too, and the new songs sound sick

anyway, for anyone who hasn't heard this band, seriously, check them out right now. they're like a mix of Dispatch (go figure) and Counting Crows, with a big reggae influence. "Us Against the Crown". download it. now
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

State Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Radio   State Radio Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:40 am

LINK PLEASE!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

State Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Radio   State Radio Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:22 pm

yeah, i meant to do that anyway, but i forgot:
Code:
State Radio - Us Against the Crown - http://www.mediafire.com/?bhtvjokl122
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

State Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Radio   State Radio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:10 am

I love these guys. Us Against The Crown is amazing. Thanks Jukebox, I got into these guys when you posted that above link and have been listening since. I thought it was time to thank you for the new band:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

State Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Radio   State Radio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 11:39 am

Just YouTube'd them and I'm listening to Camilo. Wow, very nice stuff! Definitely gonna listen to that album. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

State Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Radio   State Radio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:29 pm

"Camilo" is one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard but I never checked into the band more than that. I guess that logic makes no sense, haha.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

State Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Radio   State Radio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:52 pm

awesome, glad to see some people are giving these guys a chance. incredible band. and since the response has been good so far, here's their second full length:
Code:
State Radio - Year of the Crow - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HB4XDBSC

not quite as good as the first, and may take awhile to grow on you, but still loaded with amazing songs. check out:

Fight No More
Gang of Thieves
CIA
The Story of Benjamin Darling, Part 1
Sudan
As With Gladness
Unfortunates
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

State Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Radio   State Radio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Sounds damn good...that Camilo song is brilliant, might have to check these guys out...
Back to top Go down
lynchyeatspizza
Wooderson
Wooderson
lynchyeatspizza

State Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Radio   State Radio Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:09 am

I never really looked into it but I always assumed Us Against The Crown was their newest release and Year of the Crow was their debut. Just worked out i was wrong! I prefer Us Against The Crown, and I think it sounds more polished. I guess that;s why i assumed it was the follow-up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lynchy911
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

State Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Radio   State Radio Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:35 pm

yeah, UAtC is definitely better than YotC, and definitely a lot more polished. but the rawness of YotC is good in its own way. the drums on that album are awesome

they have 3 new songs streaming on their myspace (www.myspace.com/stateradio). State Radio's new album, "Let It Go", will be in stores Sept. 29th. they just announced a U.S. tour in the fall, and if you buy tickets before Sept. 20th, you get the new album for free!

and i'll finally get to see them at a headline show. they're extremely good live too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

State Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Radio   State Radio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

State Radio
Page 1 of 1