DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We're Getting a Divorce

Go down 
+5
Stalls_Standing
ral
Vibes
Prisoner
Jukebox Romeo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

We're Getting a Divorce Empty
PostSubject: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:54 am

apparently, Brian did a solo performance of We're Getting a Divorce last night in Colorado. be on the lookout for video
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:31 am

Holy shit. Was this at a solo concert of Brian or with Gaslight and Brian only singing?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:31 pm

it was a Gaslight show, but the first song of the encore was him acoustic
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:56 pm

What? I went to both nights and there wasn't an acoustic song let alone Divorce. I thought they said they'd never play that again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:47 pm

from some dude on the Against Me! board:
Quote :
gaslight was pretty amazing last night. Kinda wish they played more from Sink or Swim and Brian played We're Getting A Divorce You Can Keep The Diner solo
this was posted on April 23, 2009. the day before would have been April 22, not April 24, which was when the Colorado show was. i'm an idiot. okay, anyone know where they played on April 22?
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:42 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Quote :
gaslight was pretty amazing last night. Kinda wish they played more from Sink or Swim and Brian played We're Getting A Divorce You Can Keep The Diner solo
this was posted on April 23, 2009. the day before would have been April 22, not April 24, which was when the Colorado show was. i'm an idiot. okay, anyone know where they played on April 22?

April 22, 2009 Launchpad Albuquerque, NM Heartless Bastards, A Death In The Family

got that from punknews.org. wish more bands kept a list of past shows archived on their own websites.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:56 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Quote :

Dude, i think you misread it.
I think he was saying he WISHED Brian had of played that song solo AND more from Sink or Swim
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:59 pm

yeah, i thought about that, but then i thought, "why would he wish for something so specific?" especially considering i don't think Brian's ever played We're Getting a Divorce acoustic, even at his solo shows. it seemed as ridiculous as saying "i wish Brian played more from Every Little Secret" and then being disappointed about it. you're probly right though
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:44 am

It's sad they don't play this song anymore. One of my favourite Gaslight songs.
Why don't they play this anymore? Because it's too hard and punk? I read something about here that they don't play it anymore, because they are afraid someone get's hurt. I'd say Great Expectations has the same tempo as this song
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 am

someone got their face busted open in the UK. i think the "whoa" part and the storming the stage at the end puts it above Great Expectations in terms of danger
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 am

sell outz.
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:22 pm

Prisoner wrote:
It's sad they don't play this song anymore. One of my favourite Gaslight songs.
Why don't they play this anymore? Because it's too hard and punk? I read something about here that they don't play it anymore, because they are afraid someone get's hurt. I'd say Great Expectations has the same tempo as this song

Yeah I can actually imagine that happening. I remember even before TGA got on stage in Manchester people were going insane.
It is great when you can have a good time and let go at gigs but other people need to be taken into consideration, especially short girls, like this one here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:46 am

I've never had 1930 live either (since '59 Sound came out). I wonder if this could be for similar reasons...
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:11 pm

I remember they skipped it at their last Asbury Show
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:55 pm

Carrying on the 1930 digression, its a real shame because everyone seems to love it. Thinking back, I think one of them (Benny?) mentioned they don't play it any more because they got bored of it!
Back to top Go down
LBAZ
A Contender
A Contender
LBAZ

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:05 pm

It probably meant so much to them (I understand it was about Brian's late grandmother) that they ending up playing it so much and it just became boring.
Maybe it will be have it's day again once it has been laid to rest for long enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nomies_alien_lover
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:18 pm

i could see 1930 being played like Springsteen did with No Surrender. Springsteen didn't really like the fast tempo of the song, and it almost didn't make it onto Born In the U.S.A., and he only plays it at shows as a real slow acoustic version, which i like even better than the original. the acoustic version of 1930 on youtube is one of the most beautiful songs i've ever heard, and since it means so much to the band, and they're moving away from punk, i could see Brian playing it solo acoustic as the first song of the encore in the future
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:55 pm

...or maybe they don't play it because they could never recreate the magic of when I sang it

maybe... maybe not.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:29 pm

brian did were getting a divorce acoustic at the final song in albuquerque...i mentioned it in my post under "the first time i saw gaslight..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're Getting a Divorce   We're Getting a Divorce Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We're Getting a Divorce
Page 1 of 1