DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Lawrence Arms

Go down 
+20
Turn the Casanova On
PFREEZY
WWD4D?
Prisoner
JadedGoober7
thomas94
JoshRaymond
kcdc
andy.mac
mescalero
kieran
brick
Refused
efofex
vamike
faster_than_the_world@hot
Jukebox Romeo
Stalls_Standing
syebot
JakobDoetman
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:58 am

That's awesome, I still don't understand why chicken had to say that
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:34 am

he's jealous I guess
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:23 am

i guess as brendan put it he just enjoys talking shit
Back to top Go down
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
efofex

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:58 pm

He does talk shit a lot, but someone I know who has spoken to him [Chicken] said that Chicken explicitly called out Gaslight (and no other band) and how he's not a fan. So really, Chicken can't really save face with that comment by saying there are other bands. What I find weird is that they toured together.

Oh, I also heard that Chicken never/rarely spoke to Brian during the tour, but he spoke to the other guys. Now, I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but maybe he just has a thing against Brian?

ETA: Brendan talks about Gaslight again: http://badsandwichchronicles.blogspot.com/2009/09/been-in-trouble-with-law-since-day-they.html My personal favorite, "Namely, do those guys really just love dancing that much? I mean, after the show is that what they do? They go out to the dancehalls and two step and shit?" I giggled.
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:28 pm

Two new songs streaming at:

http://www.soyamilkzine.net/?page=bandoftheweek/TLA

Very stoked The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/kcdc
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:13 pm

I don´t know if you've already noticed that the 10th anniversary show on 24 October has been recorded and will be released on dvd. Just some kind of trailer.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ILV2XH4SqE
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Just got back from seeing them live...pretty fucking good.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:12 am

Saw them on Monday, in a place that held maybe 60 people. 3rd best gig of all time.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:45 am

efofex wrote:
He does talk shit a lot, but someone I know who has spoken to him [Chicken] said that Chicken explicitly called out Gaslight (and no other band) and how he's not a fan. So really, Chicken can't really save face with that comment by saying there are other bands. What I find weird is that they toured together.

Oh, I also heard that Chicken never/rarely spoke to Brian during the tour, but he spoke to the other guys. Now, I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but maybe he just has a thing against Brian?

ETA: Brendan talks about Gaslight again: http://badsandwichchronicles.blogspot.com/2009/09/been-in-trouble-with-law-since-day-they.html My personal favorite, "Namely, do those guys really just love dancing that much? I mean, after the show is that what they do? They go out to the dancehalls and two step and shit?" I giggled.

Just saw this post for the first time.

Why does he call Brian Coco? It's funny as hell hahaha
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:54 am

Stalls_Standing wrote:
Saw them on Monday, in a place that held maybe 60 people. 3rd best gig of all time.

I was there too. Guildford seems to have a plethora of huge-back-pack-wearing-high-fiving-shit-heckling-wankers. Good show though.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:56 am

WWD4D? wrote:
Stalls_Standing wrote:

I was there too. Guildford seems to have a plethora of huge-back-pack-wearing-high-fiving-shit-heckling-wankers. Good show though.

they wear backpacks to a concert?
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:15 am

Yes. And it's annoying. I have no idea what they put in them.
Back to top Go down
JadedGoober7
A Contender
A Contender
JadedGoober7

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:31 am

I hate those bell ends that decide they are gonna try to ruin everyones night by having a huge backpack bumping into everything.

I always fuck with them as much as possible, If they just stay out of the way that would be ok but they always wanna stand at the front. In the past I've tried filling them up with any rubbish I could find, also hold onto the backpack as they try to walk away then let go at the last minute and watch them stumble forward..hours of fun.
Back to top Go down
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
efofex

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Prisoner wrote:
efofex wrote:

Just saw this post for the first time.

Why does he call Brian Coco? It's funny as hell hahaha

Just saw this post today and wouldn't you know that's exactly what today's BSC entry is about!
http://badsandwichchronicles.blogspot.com/2010/04/story-of-coco.html

Aren't coincidences funny? (Or maybe I'm Brendan Kelly and you just inspired me to make that post? Hmmm.)
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Great inteview with Brendan on my blog https://www.facebook.com/pages/bidders-hot-body/118604588157446
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:21 pm

http://www.fatwreck.com/store/band/33

Apathy and Exhaustion color repress
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:43 pm

Stalls_Standing wrote:
Great inteview with Brendan on my blog https://www.facebook.com/pages/bidders-hot-body/118604588157446
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Haha that went very wrong. Part two is now up aswell [url=movingnorthuk.blogspot.com/]movingnorthuk.blogspot.com/[/url]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:17 am

finally giving this band a proper shot....living what I hear so far.
Back to top Go down
Turn the Casanova On
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Turn the Casanova On

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:46 am

These fools need to stop dicking around and release a new album. I NEED IT.
Back to top Go down
vamike
Wooderson
Wooderson
vamike

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm

oldgospelchoir (Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:17 am) wrote:
finally giving this band a proper shot....living what I hear so far.

you have to. one of the best bands. I'm a fan since 2003 or so.....
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:44 pm

They are playing the asian man fest this summer, i might go to this now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:42 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
They are playing the asian man fest this summer, i might go to this now

Josh, I live close to SF. If you make it out here, I will go the Asian man Fest with you bud!
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:49 pm

I've known for years that I need to get into Larry Arms. Where do I even begin, though? I'm not sure where to start.

Also, I've been wondering about the Coco thing. I'm probably happier than I should be to have that cleared up.
Back to top Go down
efofex
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
efofex

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:21 pm

fullcollapse wrote:
I've known for years that I need to get into Larry Arms. Where do I even begin, though? I'm not sure where to start.

Oh Calcutta or Greatest Story Ever Told are my personal favorites. However, Cocktails and Dreams has a nice mishmash of old and new(er) stuff. I would suggest starting from their newest and then going back, but really, you can't lose with any of their albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lawrence Arms   The Lawrence Arms - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lawrence Arms
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next