DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet

Go down 
+8
steady now steady now
liveit
Norb
Dan_Dog
Luca Chinaski
Vibes
Jukebox Romeo
Prisoner
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Empty
PostSubject: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:20 pm

So Gaslight is opening for Bruce during that festival in London. You all know Bruce asked Gaslight to open for him. I've been speculating about a Brian/Bruce duet happening that day. I don't think it's impossible, what do you guys think? If this thing really happens Brian might die on stage haha.

Bruce and Gaslight are also playing the Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands. That would also be a possibility.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:25 pm

Blue Jeans or Atlantic City are the best bets
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:31 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Blue Jeans or Atlantic City are the best bets

I was guessing I'm on Fire
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:46 pm

I can see Backstreets happening
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:13 pm

I would love it to happen, but I honestly don't think it will... not this time, anyway. As Vibes said, Backstreets would be a good call if it were to, though.
Back to top Go down
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:59 am

Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Racing In The Streets
Candy's Room!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pearljamonline.it/
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:24 am

idk about Backstreets. i think it'd be something more low key
Back to top Go down
Dan_Dog
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:39 am

Springsteen has Mike Ness on stage with him a couple of nights ago and they played a Social D song. He did the same with Jesse Malin a couple of years ago so maybe they would play a TGA song...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:47 am

Yeah maybe they'd play a Gaslight song, which would make it a bit more 'low key' than a Bruce song. Like Jukebox Romeo said, maybe Blue Jeans.
Back to top Go down
Norb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:02 pm

I wonder if the band will ever get tired of the Springsteen comparison... No offense to your thread, I'm a big fan of both, but it seems like in video interviews, when someone asks them about the comparison, they kinda seemed.......I don't know, tired of it....
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:29 pm

haha it seems Alex L and Brian don't mind it, but Alex R. does.
Although in the beginning of that 3fm video the interviewer asks Brian a question about Springsteen and he started making jokes about his mom and Springsteen.
Back to top Go down
Dan_Dog
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:19 pm

My guess is you wouldn't release Meet Me By The Rivers Edge if you were gonna tire of the Bruce comparisons. Have also read a couple of magazine articles where Brian chooses top 5 albums or what he's currently listening to and Springsteen is always mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Norb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:27 pm

Dan_Dog wrote:
My guess is you wouldn't release Meet Me By The Rivers Edge if you were gonna tire of the Bruce comparisons. Have also read a couple of magazine articles where Brian chooses top 5 albums or what he's currently listening to and Springsteen is always mentioned.

You can still be a fan and be annoyed by the fact that since your latest record has been released, every media/interviewers and about 95% of the fans ask you about it. In the sense that since 59 Sound has been out, you could easily put how many percent of the time the words "Bruce", "Springsteen", "Bruce Springsteen" and/or "The Boss" is mentioned versus the times it isn't/they aren't.
Back to top Go down
Dan_Dog
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:33 pm

Fair comment - I just meant you come from Jersey, have references in your music etc you're gonna get it. But who wouldn't get bored of it...even the Boss probably gets bored about talking about the Boss!
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Didn't Brian say in an interview that he was wondering what it would be like if he didn't do a single reference to Springsteen on the next album, that he was/is gonna trying/try it? ....or something like that....
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:40 pm

I wonder though if Bruce might actually join TGA during their set, rather then just Brian joining the ESB for a song.

As for the choice of song, given that the show is in London, they could opt for 'London Calling', which Bruce has played before as a tribute to Joe.

And we know how much the Clash mean to Brian.

You can see the Bruce video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF6muISjM2k
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:35 pm

if it happens my bet is on blue jeans
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:45 pm

JoshRaymond wrote:
if it happens my bet is on blue jeans

I second that
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
As for the choice of song, given that the show is in London, they could opt for 'London Calling', which Bruce has played before as a tribute to Joe.

well, Springsteen played 'London Calling' yesterday, in Philadelphia

maybe my guess is good

here's the video www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGouM6xDYeU
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
shawzy
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
shawzy

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:17 pm

Anything of Nebraska would be sick!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stephenshawdesigns.com

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:24 am

I'm still convinced if it were to occur it would be a Gaslight song, as it would be more low key than a Bruce song...
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:16 pm

or it'd be like how he played Bad Luck with Mike Ness, just kinda E Street it up a bit
Back to top Go down
Zapuda
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:09 pm

I'd be more surprised if this didn't happen. Springsteen has gone on stage with just about everyone at this point, as previously mentioned Mike Ness, as well as The Arcade Fire, Pearl Jam, The Wallflowers, REM, Joan Jett, the list goes on and on he usually joins them for one of their own songs.
Back to top Go down
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:33 pm

If it does happen, I could see them playing blue jeans or backseats, or backstreets.
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet   Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon/Bruce Springsteen duet
Page 1 of 1