DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toronto a couple days ago

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MCStevepants
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MCStevepants

Toronto a couple days ago Empty
PostSubject: Toronto a couple days ago   Toronto a couple days ago Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:21 pm

Mind-blowingly amazing. I think this list might be out of order but I know for sure that these are the songs that were played. I'll be putting videos up today.

Great Expectations
High Lonesome
We Came To Dance
Old White Lincoln
Wooderson
Meet Me By The River's Edge
Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
The '59 Sound
Senor and the Queen
Miles Davis & the Cool
Film Noir
Boomboxes and Dictionaries
Cassanova Baby
Here's Looking At You Kid
The Patient Ferris Wheel
The Backseat

Encore:

Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
Angry Johnny
Stand By Me/I'da Called You Woody Joe
Say I Wont
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Toronto a couple days ago   Toronto a couple days ago Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:49 pm

wow. that's an awesome set list!
Back to top Go down
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Toronto a couple days ago   Toronto a couple days ago Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Awesome indeed. I was at the top level in the few seats available in the Opera House. I was walking all day and needed to get off my feet for a while. In the end I didn't mind the choice since I got a great view of the mosh pit and the crowd. I was worried that the crowd wouldn't be fans already and didn't want to get stuck standing behind some drunk talking about the weather with his buddy, like what happened to me at a Josh Ritter show last year.

The show itself was insane. I only wish they went another hour. I regret now not making the trip to the London show the next night. I'm now seriously thinking about traveling for some future US shows.

I was fan before the show. I'm a lot more than fan now. After the show I made the trip downstairs to shake Brian's hand. I felt I need to thank him for giving me a band to believe in. I told him he almost had me Brooocing, and he at least seemed genuinely flattered by the compliment.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Toronto a couple days ago   Toronto a couple days ago Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:54 pm

wooderson, senor and the queen, blue jeans, 1930, river's edge, film noir, looking at you kid. Honestly the only other song i would really wanna hear in that set list is contender, and possibly red at night only because it's the only song i've never heard before. other than that, it's perfect! glad you guys had a good time.
Back to top Go down
Shallow
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Toronto a couple days ago   Toronto a couple days ago Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:20 pm

xstevenbx wrote:
wooderson, senor and the queen, blue jeans, 1930, river's edge, film noir, looking at you kid. Honestly the only other song i would really wanna hear in that set list is contender, and possibly red at night only because it's the only song i've never heard before. other than that, it's perfect! glad you guys had a good time.

The only song not played that I really wanted to hear was Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis. Other than that it was perfect.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: Toronto a couple days ago   Toronto a couple days ago Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:08 am

oh man, they shoulda definitely played that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toronto a couple days ago   Toronto a couple days ago Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toronto a couple days ago
Page 1 of 1